Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the world has an opportunity to show what it has regarding Baseball. I hope OsamaBL wants to give us a message. :roll:

Baseball, [being one of my best sports, I'm a METS fan]. Who will be the surprise team. For me I think Japan, Cuba and of course the USA are some of the hots teams. Puerto Rico also, but it needs more pitching. The Dominican Republic also will field an awesome team. Venezuela and Mexico also will have good teams. The final, yea, the finals. Who will be their? One thing is for sure, IT IS GOING TO BE A SLUG FEST.

USA vs Cuba!
USA vs Japan!
USA vs Dominican Republic

Without a doubt, the USA and its dream team will be the team to beat. Japan has a great team also. And Cuba, what about Castro's Dream team? These guys can play, no doubt about it. I think like Yogi Berra once said:

To have a balance team, you need good pitching to dominate good hitting, and visa versa. :lol: [Really Yogi? :roll: ]

I hope their isn't any terrorist attacks. The world is will be watching and it's a great opportunity for cowards to express themselves. Then they really going to get it.

The games will be transmitted in ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes.

http://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/2006/news/index.jsp?sid=wbc

My the best team win!

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, we got our a$$ kicked. 4 to 3 against Cuba. I guess this goes to show you that one never should counts its goose before it is cooked, or something like that. :lol: That is the best thing when your from PR. If you get eliminated, we are from the USA [not that their situation is better] but hay, it's fun any how. We will have four years to develop out pitching talent, four llloonngg years :oops: I hope George S. isn't such a selfish dude and let the boys from NY play. Like Tom Lasorda said, "They can get hurt in Spring training as well as in the World Tournament"

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i should go to Vegas and setup a bidding gazebo. If you take a look at my first posted regarding; "Who are the teams to watch" I mentioned Cuba and Japan as possible winners. As we all know now, Japan got the gold. The USA was, I guess, the most disappointing team of the tournament. Even with the umpires help, they couldn't make the final. :cry:

In 2009, I think they better take a good look at which umpires call which game.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts