Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
World Premiere: 2007 Toyota Camry and Camry Hybrid @ Autoblog

Class-leading hybrid mileage rating of 43 city 37 highway with a 2.4L inline four and 45hp electric motor -- it's not Prius numbers, but it's a far cry from the 25/34 of the standalone four-cylinder and the Camry Hybrid is a slightly larger and much stealthier ride.

As expected, the Camry gets the 3.5L V6 that seems to becoming a major player in Toyota's engine stable.

That LCD display suuuuure would look nice in a RAV4 Hybrid... :cry:

B

·
0 Posts
karrock said:
As expected, the Camry gets the 3.5L V6 that seems to becoming a major player in Toyota's engine stable.

I like it a lot.

I drove a 2006 Camry a few weeks ago. It was a loaded XLE and the thing was soooo boring that I was afraid I'd fall asleep at the wheel.

I also drove the 2006 Accord EX V6 and found it to be a much better driving car in every respect. The tough call on the Accord would be whether to get the auto or the 6 speed manual. The 6 speed manual made the most of the 244 hp and the clutch was light, but it still might be irritating in traffic.

To be honest... this new Camry SE version looks pretty darn good. I love that engine and the 6 speed automatic might be a great combination. I'm definitely going to drive the new Camry before I make a final decision.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Just a quick comment I didn,t realise that the Toyota Camry is the US best selling car for the last 4 years. Over here in the UK Toyota don,t enjoy big sales with the Camry. The new model certainly is an eye catcher. One car that really looks the business is the new Mazda Kabura a sexy piece of machinery.
Clare

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now Clare... A Camry is a midsize four door family sedan... What does a two door sport coupe concept like the Kabura have to do with it? :lol:

Just messing with ya!

I think the Kabura's a sweet looking ride too... Just wondering how much will be lost in the translation to a real production model... Mazda did do well enough with the CX-7 though, so maybe it'll survive for the most part, intact.

From Autoblog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts