Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Would these tyres fit at all at all

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mick Hatzo 
#1 ·
I'm guessing theses are too good to be true. I'm the guy with the rav 4 in Portugal with 3 shredded tyres .these would be awesome and they are cheap and only a 30 minute drive away if I ask a friend to go get them. I'm currently in the uk. It usually takes 235/60 r16. These are not going to work right? Unless I get out the angle grinder and rearrange the bodywork. Joking. Kind of. Anyone done this? . Im pretty close to just making it into a fun offroader anyway. It's first generation and getting old and rusty although everything still works well. Except the
Tire Photograph Automotive tire Light Tread

See less See more
#2 ·
Not without lift and modifying the wheel well.

Still, at that price...

#3 ·
I think you would need some wheel spacers at least. They sell different thickness of them and keep in mind that cheaper ones are usually not great quality would need a bit of modification but doable I would think! if you do it post pictures!! I know that my rav4.2 fits 225/75r16 stock no modifications but 265 is wide! I think you would need minimum 30mm spacers to not rub. for the height of the tire (70) I dont know if that fits not sure about the rav4.1's fitment there hopefully someone who's done something similar will reply! Oh and I don't know about the tire laws where you are but here in Canada if the tires are larger (stick out) of the wheel wells you need fender flares to be legal on public roads!

#4 ·
These tyres simply won't fit, even if you are dead serious about the angle grinder!
Go here: Tire Size Calculator and click the "Tire comparison" tab, input your stock size (235/60-16) and the listing's size (265/70-16) in order to visualize the difference.
3.5 inches in diameter is too much. Keep in mind that the "70" spec for the sidewall height is a RATIO figure and not an absolute number. For instance, the (other) stock tyre size for the Rav4 is 215/70-16. Does that mean that the sidewall height is the same as the 265/70-16? No! Actually, it's (215*0.70)=150.5mm vs (265*0.70)=185.5mm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.