Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading here for awhile because I am looking for a RAV4 to replace my current Camry (I need AWD). I am on a serious budget and I've found a 2011 Base model that has 114K miles, although that is pretty high mileage for the age, it certainly fits in my budget.
Would I be better off getting an '06 or '09 with similar mileage? :confused:

·
Registered
189 Posts
i assumed you've test driven this vehicle.

if no problems on the engine like signs of big oil, coolant, and tranny fluid leaks and abnormal noises.

does the vehicle suspension ok?

no serious accident?

i would buy it. 114K, for how much?

·
Super Moderator
11,110 Posts
Years 06-08 with the 2.4l engine have a problem using large quantities of oil. Stay clear of those.

Which engine is in the 2011 Base? Buying from a dealer or private party? Price? Kinda shy on information...........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not driven it yet. I live in the middle of nowhere and the nearest decent car shopping is 120 miles away.

It is on a BMW dealer's lot and listed for $12,900. Has a clean Carfax and Autocheck and the dealership gets high marks. I'm going to head to the big city next week, I'll see if it's still there.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've been reading here for awhile because I am looking for a RAV4 to replace my current Camry (I need AWD). I am on a serious budget and I've found a 2011 Base model that has 114K miles, although that is pretty high mileage for the age, it certainly fits in my budget.
Would I be better off getting an '06 or '09 with similar mileage? :confused:
..............It is on a BMW dealer's lot and listed for $12,900. Has a clean Carfax and Autocheck and the dealership gets high marks. I'm going to head to the big city next week, I'll see if it's still there.
Your profile doesn't say if the 2011 Base model is $12,900 US$ or Canadian dollars / big difference.
- 1 CDN $ = 0.75 US$
I bought our mint 2008 Limited v6, for similar money Canadian / with only 55,000 miles
- private Kijiji sale, a Doctor's vehicle / had for 6 months, and love it

I wouldn't buy a high miler, but being patient & taking 6 months searching & avoiding dealerships, has its advantages - just not for everyone.
- with HSTax, ended up paying 1/3 the cost of a brand new loaded 2015
Our low mileage 7 year old RAV4.3 still drives like new - has 3.5L, nice leather, heated seats, tow package coolers, moonroof, etc. & still totally rust free.
- find the perfect used premium SUV, and accept most colors / buy private & save $$

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in the states, just barely. ;) I live about 8 miles from the border. I looked into buying a vehicle in Canada just because of the prices I've seen and current exchange rates, but the importing part was confusing and a bit overwhelming.

·
Registered
419 Posts
loshan - my brother imported a Jeep TJ, out of the States / took some forms & planning, but pretty seamless.
- and AWD a must, in our next of the woods

Here is one, less than 3 hours from Port Huron/Sarnia boarder.
Converted to US:
- mileage = 93,900
- price = $10,125 for an v6 Limited

2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited V6 4WD - Waterloo, ON
Toyota Rav4 | Find Great Deals on Used and New Cars & Trucks in Kitchener / Waterloo | Kijiji Classifieds - Page 2
This is the top end RAV4. What sets apart the 2009 Limited from the Base or Sport models? 3.5 litre V6. 5 speed transmission. Leather & JBL audio package. 6-disc CD. Heated leather seats. 8 way ...153000km | Automatic $13,499 Ad ID 1118991337

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nouse - Yes, I really need an AWD. I live 3 miles up a dirt road on the side of a mountain. I have my Camry plus an old Explorer as my winter rig, but the problems/money keep mounting on the Explorer and I really need to move into a 12-month vehicle.

Beaumont - I'm on the Washington/BC border, about equidistant from Calgary, AB and Kelowna/BC. The Canadian prices look very close to the US prices, but with the exchange rate it could be very advantageous to buy there and import.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts