Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just got back from the a small local wrecker yard I've never tried before. In the back of a green '96 I found this cargo net with matching hanging points. It looks like original equipment to me, but I've never seen it on any other Rav. The Rav it came off had a sticker on the back for Stampede Toyota (presumably out of Calgary).

Also found a set of OEM roof racks, the yard didn't have the key, but on closer inspection they were unlocked! :surprise What a score! :thumbs_up:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
For reference, part number #00420-42960 may help someone looking for this. Great find BlueGreg!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Well ... interesting. My 2000 L Special Edition came with the net (it's still stuffed in one of the cubby holes in the back), but doesn't have the hooks. The net looks as if it has never been used. I would have guessed some kind of horizontal installation ... I don't much get the vertical. Maybe my net wasn't installed (I'm the second owner) because it also has the optional bags on the rear door that would hit the net.

Any other ways this net was to be used? Anyone have an original RAV4.1 sales brochure who can look for pics in it? On-line links to such exist? I'll look in my 2000 factory service manual.

·
Registered
400 Posts
My '00 L came with the net, as well, and I used it for a while to put grocery bags in, etc. I still have one.

That is a major score on the roof rack, too! I scored a roof rack recently but it was locked and I only have a "25" key, I think. I had to "pick" the lock (read: completely destroy the lock!) to get the racks off the scrapyard Rav, then back in the garage I created a different closure. I am going to sell them once I find four security-head bolts of the correct length and pitch, or I might keep that one and sell my locking set.

If you find any armrests, grab those because those are pretty rare and you can sell them here.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
I don't much get the vertical.
It just prevents things falling out of the cargo area when you open the rear door (and you are parked on an incline).

Maybe my net wasn't installed (I'm the second owner) because it also has the optional bags on the rear door that would hit the net.
Correct. http://www.rav4world.com/forums/84-4-1-accessories/182201-boot-net-retainer.html#post1755266

Anyone have an original RAV4.1 sales brochure who can look for pics in it?
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/84-...cessory-brochure-1996-2000-a.html#post1205778

On-line links to such exist?
NEW! 1996-2000 Toyota RAV4 Cargo Net from Brandsport Auto Parts (#TOY-00420-42960)
TOYOTA RAV4 96-00 1996-2000 CARGO TRUNK NET STORAGE GENUINE OEM FACTORY | eBay

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My '00 L came with the net, as well, and I used it for a while to put grocery bags in, etc. I still have one.

That is a major score on the roof rack, too! I scored a roof rack recently but it was locked and I only have a "25" key, I think. I had to "pick" the lock (read: completely destroy the lock!) to get the racks off the scrapyard Rav, then back in the garage I created a different closure. I am going to sell them once I find four security-head bolts of the correct length and pitch, or I might keep that one and sell my locking set.

If you find any armrests, grab those because those are pretty rare and you can sell them here.
There is an armrest on that same wrecked Rav, but once I had it off I saw it was quite smashed up. I left it on the driver seat for the next guy or gal to find, since I have the '97 and the arm rest would take up my only cup holder anyway.

I'm very excited to have the real roof racks, I've been rock'n a set of universal fit SportRacks which I'll be glad to remove. The OEMs still in the shop while I clean up the plastic and touch up the rusty rivets with Tremclad. The locks are also mangled like someone was trying to pick them, but it looks like they are just standard Thule locks that I can get at the local outdoor store.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
400 Posts
There is an armrest on that same wrecked Rav, but once I had it off I saw it was quite smashed up. I left it on the driver seat for the next guy or gal to find, since I have the '97 and the arm rest would take up my only cup holder anyway.
Actually, if you are interested, there is a dual cupholder that you can install where your lower radio is/would be (and where your 12v is now), if you don't have a double DIN lower radio. In this feature, the 12v is moved behind the cupholder, which you access by folding down the cupholder part. (Its funny to see this design, because this would never happen today -- but in '96, people didn't have cell phones and really didn't use that 12v too much compared to today!)

Here is a post about it:

1998 Cupholder Update

I have two of these, both used and recovered from salvaged Ravs, that I'm going to list soon. As detailed in that post, they are easy to install. I will let you know when I list them (if you are interested) which should be later in the week. Here is one of them:

Below is a picture of the one I have installed my '00, which I modified a bit by moving the 12v from the original spot in the lower center behind the cupholders to a higher spot on the left side of the "bucket" part. I did this so that I can charge my phone without opening the cupholder, and so I can have more room for sodas in the cupholder and not have to have the charger cord there. I just took a rear 12v from a Rav4 at the junkyard, cut a whole in the plastic bucket thing, and zip-tied it in place with some trim to make it look cleaner. I'm glad I did this, and wonder why I didn't do it ages ago!

Also, there is a dual cupholder that just screws into the single cupholder, for Ravs without the armrest.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought mine for my "97

I bought one about 14 years ago from the Toyota dealer. So useful, and works well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually, if you are interested, there is a dual cupholder that you can install where your lower radio is/would be (and where your 12v is now), if you don't have a double DIN lower radio. In this feature, the 12v is moved behind the cupholder, which you access by folding down the cupholder part. (Its funny to see this design, because this would never happen today -- but in '96, people didn't have cell phones and really didn't use that 12v too much compared to today!)
Thank you, I've seen those around here but I made a double DIN deck fit in that spot on my '97.

Also, there is a dual cupholder that just screws into the single cupholder, for Ravs without the armrest.
That's the one for me, if I can ever find one. I've tried ordering 1 off ebay a few years ago but it never arrived.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts