Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is contemplating buying different wheels for their 2006 Limited or have already done it, I would be interested in purchasing (1 rim without the tire) to be used as the spare, so I can take the cover off permanently. PM me with any ideas or plans………Thanks!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the link...........DittoDude :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I too would be very interested in one '06-'07 new-condition Ltd wheel for my spare (no nicks or scratches). I don't need no stinkin' transmitter.
Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, that's two. Two more and I'll split up my o.e. set. Anyone else interested in an o.e. 17" Limited alloy wheel/tire with less than 500 miles on it to use as a spare?

·
Registered
226 Posts
YELLOHH said:
Well, that's two. Two more and I'll split up my o.e. set. Anyone else interested in an o.e. 17" Limited alloy wheel/tire with less than 500 miles on it to use as a spare?
I might be interested depending on the tire condition & price.

Prashant

·
Registered
40 Posts
pinkoobhatia said:
YELLOHH said:

Prashant
$300 per wheel / tire combo (no tps sensor, + actual shipping). Wheels are 17" 6 spoke o.e. Limited wheels, and the tires are o.e. with less than 500 miles on them.

Once I have 4 commited, the deal commences.

·
Registered
226 Posts
YELLOHH said:
pinkoobhatia said:
YELLOHH said:

Prashant
$300 per wheel / tire combo (no tps sensor, + actual shipping). Wheels are 17" 6 spoke o.e. Limited wheels, and the tires are o.e. with less than 500 miles on them.

My other tires have tps sensors, so will not having on one of the 5 tires in this case be a problem?
Also, to get tps sensors, can I take it off from my spare steel wheel?

Prashant

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
YELLOHH said:

Sorry, count me out. I have no need for another OEM tire (which doesn't have a transferrable warranty) and I'm not willing to pay anywhere near that much for a used wheel, regardless of condition. The mounted tire just makes it that much more expensive to ship. I can get a new-in-box wheel shipped to my door cheaper than I could get your wheel/ tire package, with its higher shipping charges.

I appreciate your offer though... if you decide to drop your price significantly I would still be interested.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
pinkoobhatia said:
My other tires have tps sensors, so will not having on one of the 5 tires in this case be a problem?
Also, to get tps sensors, can I take it off from my spare steel wheel?

Prashant
You will get a low pressure warning light if you drive with the new spare, with no pressure transmitter installed. You can install the one from your steel spare wheel, but it will probably require a new mounting kit from the dealer (rubber seals) plus the cost of mount and balance. The tire shop or dealer "may" want to charge you extra since they will have to dismount two tires rather than just switching your spare tire over to a bare wheel. If you use a brand new transmitter (about US$100), you will have to record the serial number before installation and have your dealer reprogram the computer - not good!

You will also have to figure out what to do with the extra tire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts