Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm looking for 4 rims for my RAV 4 that originally came with the 235/60/16 tires. I have the other version of the sport rim, so if you want to make some type of partial trade, I'd be interested in going that route also, or I can just buy them from you. No tires needed unless the rims already have them on.

Thanks!

[email protected]

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes pyxy, those are the style I'm looking for.

There are 2 5-spoke styles. The one style had 235/60/16 tires, and the other style came with 215/70/16 tires. The rims are wider with the 60 style tires.

I'll pm you.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey nevermind65,
About your old rims, are they steel wheels
or mag wheels? If they are the stock mag wheels 16x7, I am interested. How much do you want & where abouts are you?
I have a 02 Rav4 & I am in Vancouver, BC

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
philrav4 said:
Hey nevermind65,
About your old rims, are they steel wheels
or mag wheels? If they are the stock mag wheels 16x7, I am interested. How much do you want & where abouts are you?
I have a 02 RAV4 & I am in Vancouver, BC
They are the mag wheels. I can't sell them now as nobody has a set of the style I'm looking for. If I find a set, I'll be happy to sell these.

Gamma, no pm from you in my box.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice wheels, but 1 winter on those and the salt will trash the chrome big time.

I might just hawk the wheels off my wife's RAV4. I'll stick my wheels on hers. She doesn't care how they look. I'll keep looking for a set in the meantime.

G

·
0 Posts
nevermind65 said:

Hmm. Good thing we don't have winters in San Diego :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
I have a set of the factory 16" split spoke wheels from my 2001 Rav4 w/tires. They are not chrome. Are these what you are looking for?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, but I ended up keeping my original wheels. I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I said screw it and bought new tires forthe wheels.

Thanks anyhow.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
My OEM's have gone through 3 SALTY winters and as for" trashing the chrome big time", well i can take a pick when they are polished and sitting in my showroom next month.
Even Toyota's (Mcgard's) lugs which are hardened steel with a excellent coating of Chrome are holding up better than my after market Gorilla's.

My Rims/Lugs are cleaned regularly and lugs are rust proofed off season. So proper care and maintenance goes a long way.

Cheers, :D

Walt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts