Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I'm looking at picking up a 2 door RAV4 as a new daily driver/beach cruiser. I prefer 98-99 but will consider 96-97. Prefer 4WD, but will consider FWD. Auto is a must. I'm open to both hardtops and softops. Looking to further build my Toyota stable adding to my '97 Supra. I'm located in Los Angeles but I'm not opposed to traveling for the right one in good condition, even cross country as I'm originally from the east coast. Let me know what you have! PM me or comment.

Ideally would like a hardtop with the dual sunroof option!

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've come across some 2 door models, but either price was a bit high or was full of rust.

Still open to buying one! 4wd or 2wd

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Matt, I might be getting a new car in the near future and am also in the LA area.
I have a 98 - 2 door soft top with a removable sunroof (manual) and is in good condition. It is 2WD, grey with blue patterned seats. It has under 55k miles but is a bit odd as I bought it in Canada so the odometer is actually in Kilometers. Has the miles on the inside dial and is easy to smog if you translate them for them first. I don't drive much, as you can see.

It has the odd ding here and there on the outside, the biggest one from where I pulled into the garage and nailed the table saw motor. LOL. Nothing too crazy though, a few other cosmetic.

Soft top is in perfect condition, soft windows are a bit aged but not cracking or anything. I don't know if the back seats have been used more than two or three times. They have always been folded down so are probably perfect.

Probably bad weather to announce this but it does not have air conditioning. In Canada, with a soft top it is redundant.
No accidents or rear Enders or anything. I am the only owner and have been in LA since 2001. Brand new shocks, struts, brakes and all 4 tires. has the spare on the back with the cover. Always garaged. It is really bare bones though. Manual windows etc. Has a cassette tape slot! Haha. Speakers are crappy.

I don't even really have a price in my head so let me know if you are interested, what you want to know about it, if so, and when I buy the new one, I can let you know. I am going to look at one tomorrow but not sure if it will pan out. I can't sell it until I lock down something else.

Thanks, Heather

1 - 4 of 4 Posts