Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes indeed You need to use the relay harness, as it connects to the ballast as well and the you will have a Positive and Negative to hook up to the battery, even the passenger side leads were all long enough to make it all the way to the battery connections--its pretty straight forward in the instructions, and I have a DIY thread as well on how I did it! its all plug and play

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I connect it to the battery without taking the terminals off? I don't want to have all my settings reset (including my trip meter stuff)

·
Registered
51 Posts
You DO NOT have to take the leads Off--I just took the Nut off the one side (Pos/Neg) and slid the terminal over the screw and put nut back on! Never disconnected the battery!
What color did you go with?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not purchased the HID kit yet, I really want to but if I do, the current led's I have in my low beams(Hikari) will be wasted......I don't want to waste my money lol.Dropped 70 for it so yea. Will definitely go with the HID's after these. Thanks for clarifying on the battery terminal.

Dunno if you remember me from the other thread regarding led headlights.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have not purchased the HID kit yet, I really want to but if I do, the current led's I have in my low beams(Hikari) will be wasted......I don't want to waste my money lol.Dropped 70 for it so yea. Will definitely go with the HID's after these. Thanks for clarifying on the battery terminal.

Dunno if you remember me from the other thread regarding led headlights.
You have a 2015 so you can put those into your high-beams, they are the same Bulb, then you can get HIDS for the lows!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts