Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 16' XLE Hybrid in Electric Storm Blue owner here! I bought it the beginning of May. I had to special order and haggle on getting the blue. I also got a 6 Year 100k Bumper to bumper warranty.

So far i'm loving it. I traded in a 09' Prius. So far driving mostly city and back roads i'm getting an avg of 38mpg it says. But typically on my drives its above 40mpg. I keep it in Eco Mode and try and drive it to get better mpg, most of the time. :p

I had a couple questions -
The running boards i noticed say gas only. The dealer was telling me something with the wiring on the Hybrid they won't install them. And more info on this?

Secondly, should i get a clear bra or black plastic stone guard for the front end? On my Prius i had so many stone chips because at the time they were redoing the highway and i was driving 50miles one way each day on it. Annoyed the hell out of me.

And lastly where is the cheapest to buy the hammock/cargo net thing? And any other accessories. :smile

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Congrats on the new hybrid. Love mine!!!

I've heard that the wires from the traction battery to the front are run under the doors and encased in metal. Not sure if that's true or why they wouldn't be run down the middle to prevent being cut in an accident.

I had the toyota hood deflector on my 14 xle and now on my 16 hybrid. IMO it is by far the best looking hood deflector and no drilling required. Not sure if it is available in the US though. Last I'd heard it wasn't and people were either ordering it from Canada or coming up to get one.

Not sure of the cheapest place for the cargo net. But it came standard in our limited and I took it off not long after getting the car. It got in the way way more often than it was useful. Not to say it wouldn't be more useful for you, but for me, it was a pain and I doubt I'll ever use it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the new hybrid. Love mine!!!

I've heard that the wires from the traction battery to the front are run under the doors and encased in metal. Not sure if that's true or why they wouldn't be run down the middle to prevent being cut in an accident.

I had the toyota hood deflector on my 14 xle and now on my 16 hybrid. IMO it is by far the best looking hood deflector and no drilling required. Not sure if it is available in the US though. Last I'd heard it wasn't and people were either ordering it from Canada or coming up to get one.

Not sure of the cheapest place for the cargo net. But it came standard in our limited and I took it off not long after getting the car. It got in the way way more often than it was useful. Not to say it wouldn't be more useful for you, but for me, it was a pain and I doubt I'll ever use it.
That makes more sense then. It is strange the wires run there. I love the way the running boards look on the Rav. :/

Do you happen to have a picture? I saw on eBay some that just clip on the hood. Around $60bucks But wasn't sure if thats better then the clear bra. I've heard iffy things on clear bra.

I used mine all the time on my Prius. I go to Bj's and they don't give bags, so its useful for loose items.

·
Registered
229 Posts
New 16' XLE Hybrid in Electric Storm Blue owner here! I bought it the beginning of May. I had to special order and haggle on getting the blue. I also got a 6 Year 100k Bumper to bumper warranty.

So far i'm loving it. I traded in a 09' Prius. So far driving mostly city and back roads i'm getting an avg of 38mpg it says. But typically on my drives its above 40mpg. I keep it in Eco Mode and try and drive it to get better mpg, most of the time. :p

I had a couple questions -
The running boards i noticed say gas only. The dealer was telling me something with the wiring on the Hybrid they won't install them. And more info on this?

Secondly, should i get a clear bra or black plastic stone guard for the front end? On my Prius i had so many stone chips because at the time they were redoing the highway and i was driving 50miles one way each day on it. Annoyed the hell out of me.

And lastly where is the cheapest to buy the hammock/cargo net thing? And any other accessories. :smile
Congratulations!!!! I bought the same exact car. You are right about the trucks here in PA I am really interested in finding a bra that will protect the front and not mess the paint. Already approaching 5000 miles on mine and averaging 35.3 MPG:laugh I've been looking on Ebay for the accessories, but no much luck as I think our car is too new and I'm trying to find an exact fit. I'm going to see if I can find the hood deflector instead, but if I find anything good I'll let you know!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations!!!! I bought the same exact car. You are right about the trucks here in PA I am really interested in finding a bra that will protect the front and not mess the paint. Already approaching 5000 miles on mine and averaging 35.3 MPG:laugh I've been looking on Ebay for the accessories, but no much luck as I think our car is too new and I'm trying to find an exact fit. I'm going to see if I can find the hood deflector instead, but if I find anything good I'll let you know!
I love mine! I missed not having a sunroof and heated seats! :D

I have a little over 500 miles. Its getting old. :p

I had a bra on my 92' SL2 saturn and after 20 years all the paint fell off the front when i removed it to clean it one day.

I saw a bunch on eBay. It says model years 13-16 i believe...is the hood the same?

·
Registered
229 Posts
[
I love mine! I missed not having a sunroof and heated seats! :D

I have a little over 500 miles. Its getting old. :p

I had a bra on my 92' SL2 saturn and after 20 years all the paint fell off the front when i removed it to clean it one day.

I saw a bunch on eBay. It says model years 13-16 i believe...is the hood the same?
I saw this on the magnetbra site. Again, I do not see anything specific for 2016 and I'd really like to verify just in case.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[

I saw this on the magnetbra site. Again, I do not see anything specific for 2016 and I'd really like to verify just in case.

Mmm Not sure how i like that. :-/

Does the new Rav4's have a clear bra on the sides and bumper? It looks like one is on my car, just not the hood.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts