Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any XLE trim owners regret not doing Limited and why?

Any Limited trim owners regret not doing XLE and why?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a xle with convinience pkg and after market heated leather seats so I'm happy with my xle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have the limited and the only regret is the extra payments. I love it. While the xle is nicely equipped and would have sufficed, I traded in a 14 xle on the hybrid limited so it was just more of an upgrade going to the limited. Hope to keep this one a long time so sprung for the one I'd like more in the long run after its paid off.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Nah I saved about 6k in my pocket for sticking with XLE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a lot! It's under $4k difference where I am. I love the limited rims, fake leather seats and led headlights. If it were $6k more, I would have done without them as well though.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I considered the XLE until I found I could not get LED headlights. That sealed the deal for me, Limited it was. No regrets.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I considered the XLE until I found I could not get LED headlights. That sealed the deal for me, Limited it was. No regrets.
Why critical LED instead of standard halogen for the projection headlights?
I noticed that LED are increasingly common for DRLs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Lower power use. Much lower heat output. [Should have] longer life. Great light quality and brightness.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lower power use. Much lower heat output. [Should have] longer life. Great light quality and brightness.
All true and agree preferred, but seems not a make-or-break issue, at least for me

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah I didn't see much difference between the types of lights but I did think having no leather seats was a big deal for me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
When we got our first Prius we got a two or a three (don't remember) because we weren't sure we would like it. Once we figured out we liked it a lot, we regretted not getting an upgraded model.

When we traded it four years later, we went all in on a four with just about every option available at the time, and were happy we did.

When we traded it for the Rav4 Hybrid, we weren't sure we would like it but went all in on a Limited with everything anyway, recalling our first Prius experience. We like it a lot and are glad we got the Limited.

I expect there will be a new generation Rav4 in the next couple of years, and we will probably trade for a new one then. The 2016 seems to have last year's technology and the 2016 Prius seems a step ahead in that department.

Hoping the next Rav4 hybrid has li-ion batteries and it lets them flatten out the cargo space. Also hoping it gets stop and go radar cruise control. And a better "premium" stereo and infotainment/nav system.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It wasn't a question of money. It was value. The Limited comes with a few nice upgrades, but nothing I couldn't live without. The better value is with the XLE in my opinion. Having the extra 4 grand or so in my pocket was just icing on the cake.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I only have 510 miles on my Hybrid Limited. But so far nothing has made me regret getting it. No problems so far, no rattles, squeaks, squealing noises, bangs, or bumps. Ride is great, handles great, gas mileage is great, 194 horse power and it looks great! Everything that I have tried so far works fine. I love it! I may have paid more than what I would have paid for the next model down but so what? I have had two Corollas and a Tercel years ago. I put over 100,000 miles on all of them and never had any problems. We shall see what this one brings. I also am very happy with my dealer as far as the sales person and the service department. I just had the rear bumper appliqué applied and a front license plate bracket and they installed them for free!

·
Registered
846 Posts
In Canada, if you wanted TSS, it's a no brainer to go for the Limited because you couldn't get these more advanced safety features on the XLE or I would have opted for the cheaper trim model.

·
Registered
85 Posts
(I also have the limited with LED lights.) My biggest concern with the LED headlights: If a headlight needs to be replaced, it will be MUCH more expensive than halogen or even HID lamps (which are nearly all standard size bulbs.)

So.. hopefully they end up lasting nearly forever. :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Did some research on LED headlights thinking of upgrading. A improvement over Halogen for sure. ( My XLE comes with HIR2 halogen bulbs . Brightest Halogen bulb available.) Every LED headlights have to have some sort of heat dispersal system. Some with fan, heat sink and some with both. For the amount of night driving I do, HIR2 will be fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my second 2016 hybrid ltd with tech package in 2 months ( both with the impressive cinnamon interior /). First one had a bulls-eye on it. I wouldn't have bought it the same way if I didn't think it was worth it. By the way...the first one saved my life.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts