Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with both? I'm probably going to buy one soon. However, I have questions. I lean towards the limited because the interior I like is not available in the XLE. However, I really don't like the Limited's chrome door handles. I'm wondering on how to get color matched handles to swap out?

Also, there are lots of discussions about wheel sizes on the web. I've read quite a few. The general consensus is that larger rims look better, but smaller rims with more side wall rubber make for better comfort. Anyone have experience with the ride of both the 17" on the XLE and 18" on the Limited?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I use 17's in winter and 18's in the summer. Not a big difference really. Maybe more comfort with the 17's but more body roll in corners. In my opinion both sets of rims look great. Test drive both the XLE and Limited to see which works best for you.

I have a Limited and can say the softex seats are a must have for me. Very easy to keep clean and quite comfortable. Also, the center console lid on the Limited acts like an arm rest as it slides forward, another must have if you drive a lot.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
+1 on Softex, its a "must-have".
The SE non-hybrid models have color matched door handles.

·
Registered
846 Posts
We bought the Hybrid Limited in Blizzard Pearl and the chrome handles don't look so bad not that I pay attention to it since it's my wife's car.

I particular value the better (IMO) exterior looks of the 2016 compared to the 2013-2015 models and I don't mind front looking robotic. :)

Down there, I think you opt for the XLE yet still get the newer tech safety features, I don't think it is possible here in Canada and because I wanted some of those features, I opted for the Limited.

I'm usually stingy with car purchases but at least we don't have to be looking for another car 4-5 years down the road just because the safety features are proven effective and helpful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
+2 on softex seats and the arm rest on the limited. I figure I'm going to drive this for many years to come. I'm really enjoying the limited.

·
Registered
124 Posts
We bought the XLE and unlike others, didn't care for the softex. The cloth seats are nicely bolstered. I think the 17" wheels fit well with the type of vehicle and the darker rims look great with the silver. I'm really enjoying our 16 XLE! Good luck on your purchase.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got a xle. Like everything of it except the light colored fabric interior which became dirty very easily. But got after market leather and heated seats done by the dealer which I think turned out to be even better looking and more comfortable than the factory softex seats. Of course it was much cheaper than having a limited one just for the softex seats! :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I wanted the LED lights the limited has but not enough to pay the extra money. Its been over 10 years since I've had cloth seats, I went with full black and like them but I will say it is a very dark interior. In the past I never used my heated seats so I figured why not go cloth and hope it really is warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer, so far so good. I have always felt that rims really make a car but for some reason with this car I was indifferent between the 17's and 18's. If they offered the Sport model in a Hybrid I think I would have upgraded for those wheels. Personally I like chrome door handles but I bet it would be a pain to swap all them, still I am sure you could find someone to trade with. My 2 cents says if you're leaning towards the limited get a limited.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My wife insisted on the limited because she didn't like the seats in the XLE. She is short and slides into the softex seats much easier. The limited seats also have lumbar adjustment not available on the XLE.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
. The limited seats also have lumbar adjustment not available on the XLE.
Is this true for the US model? From reading the brochure I understood that there was lumbar adjustment in the XLE, but it was manual where the Limited has power adjustments and memory. I'll have to verify that. Correct Lumbar support is essential for me.

I'm not sure what Softex is, or its advantages over cloth? Perhaps someone can explain. I never want leather seats as I find cloth much more durable for my uses. Also, I am in warm climates so heated seats have never been necessary.

I know the Cinnamon upholstery I like is only available on the Limited. So if I want that there is no other choice. I'm interested in the Magnetic Gray Metalic. I don't like the chrome handles on that color.

It is pretty tough, neither trim provides what I want, so it may just come down to price.

That said, my ideal Rav4 Hybrid would come in the SE color of Hot Lava with color matched handles, the SE honeycomb grill, the SE 18" wheels, and would have the Cinnamon interior. Maybe I'll just keep driving my Honda Element another year and that package might become available. Ha.

Thanks for all your responses. Best.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm not sure what Softex is, or its advantages over cloth? Perhaps someone can explain. I never want leather seats as I find cloth much more durable for my uses. Also, I am in warm climates so heated seats have never been necessary.
Softex is Toyota's name for fake leather. Easier to keep clean than cloth and looks and feels like leather. Some like it, some don't.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sadly there is no lumbar adjustment in the XLE. Drivers seat goes forward/back and up/down manually but it does not have lumbar adjustment.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sadly there is no lumbar adjustment in the XLE. Drivers seat goes forward/back and up/down manually but it does not have lumbar adjustment.
Tested an XLE. Seats are a deal breaker with my back. Can't do 4 grand more for the limited to get back support. Most of the other features I don't need or want.

I guess I'm back to my original 1st choice. Mazda CX5. Those seats felt great on my back.

·
Premium Member
8,103 Posts
You can get those seats repadded/ sculpted to your needs fairly easily at reasonable cost...

Yup, my best friend did that with his '12 4.3, my '06 4.3 wasn't a problem for him, he bought his cuz he liked mine so much, but the '12 seats weren't good for his back, he had the driver's seat redone for $300 and was very happy with it after a couple redos to get it just right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts