Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have test drove both the XLE and Limited and leaning toward purchasing an XLE with convenience and audio packages. Found a dealer near DC with an "out the door" price of $31,500. A Limited would be around $38K to $40K. I just can't see where the "extras" on the Limited would be worth it. Am I missing something overwhelming that the Limited comes with compared to the XLE?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Unfortunately, fabric versus softex is a big issue for me. I have had leather seating in my cars for years I don’t think I could switch back to cloth at any cost savings. I’m hoping maybe they change this and offer leather (softex) as an option on the 2020 with the XSE.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can add high quality leather to any car for <$1500. You can add high quality faux leather seat covers like Clazzio for <$600.

·
Premium Member
6,664 Posts
Unfortunately, fabric versus softex is a big issue for me. I have had leather seating in my cars for years I don’t think I could switch back to cloth at any cost savings. I’m hoping maybe they change this and offer leather (softex) as an option on the 2020 with the XSE.
Too bad they don't offer an XLE Premium HV, that's the sweet spot for the gas model, it has most important (to me) Limited features without the cost.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
May hold off until the 2020 year model anyway, being this close to them coming out.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Have test drove both the XLE and Limited and leaning toward purchasing an XLE with convenience and audio packages. Found a dealer near DC with an "out the door" price of $31,500. A Limited would be around $38K to $40K. I just can't see where the "extras" on the Limited would be worth it. Am I missing something overwhelming that the Limited comes with compared to the XLE?
I believe a big difference is the Limited comes with 19" wheels/tires.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I believe a big difference is the Limited comes with 19" wheels/tires.
Nope. 18” wheels. The ventilated seats are worth the up-charge to me...

·
Registered
207 Posts
My gas RAV has Toyo A39 Open Country tires with lying sidewalls...
Well, you’re participating and answering in the Hybrid section and you have the gas Rav4, sooooooo...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I got my Limited for ~$6k more...which included all the items you see in my sig. Add all of that up plus the 5yr/125k warranty then, yes, it’s worth it to me.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I wanted a vehicle with all of the creature comforts and technology on long road trips, so I decided on a Hybrid Limited with every option except the panoramic moonroof. I have absolutely no regrets and I was out the door with taxes, tags etc. for under $40k. I'm really happy with the JBL Premium audio system and the smooth, quiet and controlled ride.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I wanted a vehicle with all of the creature comforts and technology on long road trips, so I decided on a Hybrid Limited with every option except the panoramic moonroof. I have absolutely no regrets and I was out the door with taxes, tags etc. for under $40k. I'm really happy with the JBL Premium audio system and the smooth, quiet and controlled ride.
The Pano roof was only like $200 or $800 more.. I forgot...

But its awesome....

Rear seat riders get full view of all glass, WOW.

Plus the shade stops at any position, to reduce glare...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I went with the Hybrid XLE and pleased with the packages (convenience and weather) I got with it.
I would have preferred leather seating as this is my first car without it in a LONG time. However, Toyota doesn't offer leather at all in the Rav4, but instead something called softex, which isn't leather. I'm NOT going to pay the markup for fake leather. The fabric seats are comfortable and I dont miss the leather as much as I thought I would.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I went with the Hybrid XLE and pleased with the packages (convenience and weather) I got with it.
I would have preferred leather seating as this is my first car without it in a LONG time. However, Toyota doesn't offer leather at all in the Rav4, but instead something called softex, which isn't leather. I'm NOT going to pay the markup for fake leather. The fabric seats are comfortable and I dont miss the leather as much as I thought I would.
I prefere the softtex for a car b/c they will wear and tear much slower than real leather and do not need the care. The real reason for softex/limited is the VENTILATED seats! Which is awesome in the heat or long road trips.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts