Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Have test drove both the XLE and Limited and leaning toward purchasing an XLE with convenience and audio packages. Found a dealer near DC with an "out the door" price of $31,500. A Limited would be around $38K to $40K. I just can't see where the "extras" on the Limited would be worth it. Am I missing something overwhelming that the Limited comes with compared to the XLE?
Limited has ALOT more tech then the XLE and FINISH. I suggest you go to toyota.com, go to COMPARE models. From puddle lights, 18 inch wheels (xle gets 17 by default), interior ambient lighting, more trim contrast parts, 7 inch MDF vs the 4.2 inch in drivers dashboard, rear passenger heated seats, ventilated seats up front, leather trimed shift level, more stiching and more softouch/ softtex leather thoughout the doors and front ( xle gets more plastic finish). There are many more. I suggest you do a detailed comparison.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I understand your point but still find it hard to spend the money on fake leather as I call it.
If it was half the price they are asking, I might have considered it.
As for leather care, the last two cars I had were equipped with ventilated leather seats and with appropriate upkeep they looked new when I traded in my vehicles. Even the drivers seat known to wear the most with leather, looked great.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I understand your point but still find it hard to spend the money on fake leather as I call it.
If it was half the price they are asking, I might have considered it.
As for leather care, the last two cars I had were equipped with ventilated leather seats and with appropriate upkeep they looked new when I traded in my vehicles. Even the drivers seat known to wear the most with leather, looked great.
It's not about the fake leather - which has advantages over plain leather. Though I do love real leather myself too. Look at the detailed comparison; there is alot included in limited not available in XLE. Don't get me wrong, their is a price premium for the best I am sure. But to some people the extra 6k is not much money for something they will keep along time. Other people see 6k as alot of money. All r4 Hybrids are good and all the trims are there for people to pick with what they want or dont want in their budget,

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's not about the fake leather - which has advantages over plain leather. Though I do love real leather myself too. Look at the detailed comparison; there is alot included in limited not available in XLE. Don't get me wrong, their is a price premium for the best I am sure. But to some people the extra 6k is not much money for something they will keep along time. Other people see 6k as alot of money. All r4 Hybrids are good and all the trims are there for people to pick with what they want or dont want in their budget,
I am going to spend more time inside the vehicle than outside looking at it, so I want it to have as many compliments as possible...if I spend a few dollars more for a piece of luxury...yep

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am going to spend more time inside the vehicle than outside looking at it, so I want it to have as many compliments as possible...if I spend a few dollars more for a piece of luxury...yep
Same. 6K is not much more and looking at detailed comparison the interior gets alot more loving with stitching, leather on dash ect, and many other bells and whistles.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Same. 6K is not much more and looking at detailed comparison the interior gets alot more loving with stitching, leather on dash ect, and many other bells and whistles.
I said the opposite. I went for the XLE vs the XSE because even the $3500 difference didn't seem like it would be a huge benefit for me. While the trim pieces would be nice, I'm ultimately buying the vehicle to be safer than what I currently have and all of the trims have the TSS 2.0. I did want the XSE, but its mostly aesthetic. In Canada, the difference in the XLE vs Limited after tax is close to 9k. That is a 20% increase for really the same vehicle. Everyone will have a different opinion I guess!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I said the opposite. I went for the XLE vs the XSE because even the $3500 difference didn't seem like it would be a huge benefit for me. While the trim pieces would be nice, I'm ultimately buying the vehicle to be safer than what I currently have and all of the trims have the TSS 2.0. I did want the XSE, but its mostly aesthetic. In Canada, the difference in the XLE vs Limited after tax is close to 9k. That is a 20% increase for really the same vehicle. Everyone will have a different opinion I guess!
Yep! I think all the hybrids in general are the best. It depends on where you at too. In califrona 50k$ for a limited? No thanks (id fly and drive it home from a midland if I was a person in that state).

·
Registered
80 Posts
it is true, we all make decisions from different places in our life/style/finance, at the end of the day none of the decisions are wrong

·
Registered
42 Posts
6k is not much more ??
Your last name must be Rockefeller 😉
None the less...enjoy your RAV4. It’s a great vehicle.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The Pano roof was only like $200 or $800 more.. I forgot...

But its awesome....

Rear seat riders get full view of all glass, WOW.

Plus the shade stops at any position, to reduce glare...
I drive on dark, rural interstates and really need the best lighting possible and since you can't get both the panoramic moonroof and adaptive headlights, it was a no brainer. It's just my wife and I, so a large moonroof is not really of any use to us because we typically don't have backseat passengers and even if we did, the summer sun is so intense that it's really annoying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have test drove both the XLE and Limited and leaning toward purchasing an XLE with convenience and audio packages. Found a dealer near DC with an "out the door" price of $31,500. A Limited would be around $38K to $40K. I just can't see where the "extras" on the Limited would be worth it. Am I missing something overwhelming that the Limited comes with compared to the XLE?
What a deal! Which dealership was this near DC, if you don’t mind me asking?

·
Registered
64 Posts
The 360 birds eye view on my '16 hybrid ltd is now a must have feature for me. I can't park without it. Also, blind spot monitors. Do all the trims have that now?

·
Registered
263 Posts
The 360 birds eye view on my '16 hybrid ltd is now a must have feature for me. I can't park without it. Also, blind spot monitors. Do all the trims have that now?
It scares me if you can't park without it.
Only Limited has the 360 camera. Blind spot monitoring is an option in USA, but standard in Canada.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think the Le and xle will hold up longer because they have 17 inch rims with more rubber than 18's. Which will give better mpg ?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts