Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 Has an AM/FM single disc radio but also has buttons foe TEXT and SAT . Nothing happens when the TEXT button is pressed and the AM/SAT button just switches the radio from FM to AM. Does this radio have satellite radio or not? What makes it receive satellite radio? I've searched past threads... but too much with no answers to read.
Seems lots of radio swaps were don't to get the satellite stations. :smileThanks if you can answer my question:smile

·
Super Moderator
10,129 Posts
My Accord has the same SAT option. It requires a monthly SiriusXM subscription but will also work during their promotions.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
The single disc head units did not come with XM built in. Only the 6-disc changer with the XM logo above the AM-SAT button had it. There was an external receiver for the single disc units but it was very expensive. Click on the XM link in my signature for more details.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah you can add the components to install satellite radio, but not really worth it. I would go aftermarket for much better sound quality.

·
Super Moderator
10,129 Posts
Years ago I bought a Roady XT XM receiver primarily for my truck and garage with a cradle and antenna for each location. Could add them for each car if I wanted.
For maybe a year I paid a monthly subscription. Then when they offered a lifetime subscription for around $500 I went for it figuring I'd save in the long run and I have.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The single disc head units did not come with XM built in. Only the 6-disc changer with the XM logo above the AM-SAT button had it. There was an external receiver for the single disc units but it was very expensive. Click on the XM link in my signature for more details.
THANKS!!! I read that thread and totally understand what the deal is here! It just comes down to the person that bought the car first didn't buy that option. It's nice to know a newer year radio will make it all work. I'd be interested in checking out the factory antenna!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts