Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

XSE or Premium XLE Hybrid for ride comfort

2257 11
Any XSE or premimum xle hybrid owners ....Can you tell me if the ride is so harsh that it's uncomfortable going over small bumps. I know the xse has a sports tuned suspension. I test drove an xle hybrid and it felt like it had a soft suspension and it absorb bumps pretty good. I have a deposit down on an SE, but wondering if I should go with the xle or xle premium..

Thanks
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid XSE
66 Posts
I rented a couple XLE Premiums before buying my XSE and really didn't notice a ride difference. In fact my XSE's ride doesn't seem any stiffer than my wife's 17' CR-V Touring.

·
Registered
2022 RAV4-Hybrid XLE Premium, Blizzard Pearl
59 Posts
I test drove a pre-owned 2020 XSE Hybrid before I bought my 2022 XLE Premium Hybrid.
I found that the XSE most definitely has a stiffer, tighter suspension compared to the XLE Premium. Given the Pennsylvania roads I drive on every day, there was no way I was going to buy a Rav4 with a sporty suspension.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Hi guys! how is the ride quality with xse? Does it displace your bladder driving around 70 mph on interstate highway bridges? My rav4 le does
I have an XSE and aside from a few short test drives in othe models, LE and XLE but I'd be guessing I can't compare.

If a person feels the XSE suspension is too stiff that person needs to be shopping for a Cadillac.
I've heard others with the XLE or Limited discuss it being quite soft.

In my opinion, if the suspension was any softer than the XSE then it would be a ruined ride. I think the car is too soft for soft suspension. The every so slightly stiffer suspension is VERY helpful for cornering. While driving down the highway for a long road trip, it feels the roead very nicely.

It's very very subjective but like I said, if a person finds the XSE too stiff, they are buying the wrong car and should be looking at a luxury car instead.

If you think the LE is too stiff I think you'll find the XSE a horrible truck and you may equate it to driving a heavy duty work truck.

What is the tire pressure you keep in your tires?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts