Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... and I think it was my fault. I put in Stop Smoke and Leak (to stop loosing oil). ... with 10W40..
I have typically used 10W30..

May be it messed with my O2 sensor.

I will check codes this weekend.... but so exciting!!!!!! ... especially when you are on a couple hour drive for a very important meeting and the light pops up. I love adventure !!! :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'99 RAV4.1, 3MZ-FE, E250F 4x4, Torsen Dif
2,163 Posts
Congratulations on running your RAV all this time and this is your first engine warning light, shows that you keep good care of her. Now, hopefully it's something simple.

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Sorry to possibly burst your enjoyment bubble, but the problem may be as simple as a loose or air leaking gasoline filler cap . . . ??

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to possibly burst your enjoyment bubble, but the problem may be as simple as a loose or air leaking gasoline filler cap . . . ??

LOL.

Yes.. paid special attention to the gas tank tightening starting couple days ago. I drive about 200 miles per day so gas is needed frequently. Filled good gas, changed oil. I will find out tomorrow.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update !!!

The light is GONE !!!

Oh well.. life goes on as usual.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fingers crossed that it stays off!

Had my first one, for me, about a month ago when I pulled the wires out of the cam sensor connector while changing the valve cover gasket! took longer to fix the wires than it did to do the valve cover job!

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I had a light on my '16 Corolla at about 3 months old... and 2 days before a trip to San Francisco.
I pulled the codes, major EVAP leak.
Several days before I had driven about 20ft with the gas cap open (stopped for gas, pump was inop, so I pulled forward).
But it's strange that it didn't throw the code until several days and 300 miles later ?:

Reset the codes, wiped the filler neck and cap gasket with a paper towel, and it's been fine for the last year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts