Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not exactly Off Topic, since it's about RAVs, but it's sort of general, so this seemed the best place to put it...

I'm hooked on my RAV. It's official now.

Tonight, it rained. REALLY rained. It was a beautiful thunderstorm, and it doesn't rain here nearly as much as I'm used to or as I need. I love rain. So I used returning an overdue video as an excuse to go out in the middle of a driving thunderstorm to play in the rain in my RAV. No biggie. I've done that sort of thing before, in other cars.

However, the thunderstorm's been over for a while, though there's still the occasional flash of lightning from the second band lingering on the horizon, and it's one in the morning. I had to take the dog out before bed, sure, but once I'd put the dog back inside, I got the squeegee out and wiped down the windows on Shinjo, my RAV.

All of them.

And the hood.

And the mirrors.

At one in the morning.

Yeah... I think I'm an addict now.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Welcome to the RAV4 addicts club Mindscape. I've been addicted to RAVs since I first saw its original introduction in my local Toyota dealership (I believe it was a 3 door model). :D Been hooked ever since. I really like the styling of the 4.1 RAVs. Also like the styling of the 4.2s. I'm going to have to see a 4.3 in the flesh to pass judgement on it. From the picts. that I have seen so far, it looks o.k.. :)

But as you now know, nothing beats your first love. :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think my "first love" still counts as my Toyota Corona wagon I had. It had over 400,000 miles on it when I first got it, and ran for well over a year of hard use. It'd still be going now, if I'd had the money at the time to properly maintain it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Lots of us are right there with you, Mindscape!

Like Derek, I fell in love with the Rav at first sight. It must've been on a car show (TV show that is), and it was before they were actually available here. I told Ricky, that's what I want. Period. I was going to get one, no ifs, ands, or buts. We looked at them a bit on the internet at the time, and when the Milwaukee Auto Show came around we went to look at the Rav. They had a red 2-door on the floor and I sat behind the wheel and it just reinforced what I already knew...I had to have one. And as soon as I could find what I wanted (a 2-door manual with AWD, in any one of several colors that I deemed acceptable), I did! If I had a bigger garage or a pole barn or something, I'd own a fleet of them!

Becky

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Becky, you are a true example of the quintissential RAV4 fanatic! :D You are currently on your 2nd RAV4 (having previously owned a 3 door 4.1 RAV), and a nice one at that! 8)

Having your 4.2 for awhile now and finally seeing the new 4.3; what do you think about the new RAV? Are you planning to be one of the few members here to own all 3 generations? Wish I could do the same. :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
sure i am hooked, since this is my very first car which i am more attached to my rav..... :wink:

this summer on my vacation i had some mods which includes painting my fenders, side trims and the bumpers, put tint on my windows...limo extra dark (hope i won't get pulled over... :twisted: ...., and changed my pedals to a lighted one.... :oops:

i feel that my wife is getting jealous for reasons i can only imagine. :shock:

...there is this very strange feeling of attachement i feel everytime i see my PYXY (that's the name i gave her..)..... :lol:

....it's wierd and funny to say that you're so HORNY for your ride.. :twisted: ..i am sure i am not alone...

·
Registered
422 Posts
what do you think about the new RAV? Are you planning to be one of the few members here to own all 3 generations?
I actually do like the look of it, which is more than I can say for the 4.2 when it first came out. The 4.2 grew on me, obviously. :wink:

BUT, the 4.3 is WAY too big for me. I hate driving my husband's 4Runner and it's essentially the same size (length anyway...I forgot to compare the widths). I'd still prefer a 4.2 2-door to the 4-door. More than anything I wish they had kept the 4.3 size at least in the same ballpark as the 4.2, and then I probably would've gotten a 4.3 eventually. The current plan is to keep my 4.2 for at least the next 20 years! :D

Becky

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like the size of my '99 RAV Softtop. I think that a RAV4 as large as the 4.3 with a 268 hp v6 is ridiculous. Why not buy a Highlander?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts