Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
I test drowe one at a dealer that had about 2k miles on it, that all they use for test drives

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm... I guess it's not so farfetched... But like puttputt said, even with a 10 mile loop, that's 330 test drives! :shock:

Anyway, looks like my dealer's purging their current 4-cylinder test drive vehicle, because there's a 2006 with 1803 miles on it for sale in their "pre-owned" department. Is it customary for new car dealers to drop a test drive vehicle out of service after a month or two?

Guess I just took it for granted that they let me test drive the one I was thinking about buying! Maybe it had to do with it being the only V6 on the lot? :p

M

·
0 Posts
It could be from all the salesmen and workers using the car for errands and to pick up food. Here on Oahu I've seen alot of them doing that. Alot of them drive the new cars fast and crazy. I know I don't want to buy any car from a dealer that let their sales people and workers do that. BTW that dealer is the Tony Group.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Could be a combination of all the above + a customer courtesy shuttle when your car is being serviced. My Toyota dealer will pickup and drop-off within a 40 miles range. :)

Ravon 8)
(Ray von)

G

·
0 Posts
Yeah it's probably a demo that salesmen were lalowed to use for their personal use. My wife's VW Passat TDI was liek that. I got an extra $1000 off the negotiated price (already $1000 off MSRP when NO ONE was dealing on them!) when he offered me the demo with 994 miles on it.

N

·
0 Posts
hmmm, i've had mine one month to the day, just hit 4,000 miles :)

i do a minimum of 80 miles a day , just for work, not including after work and on weekends.

So that dealer car dont look so bad to me !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts