Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, they just shipped out my order today for the Youmecity 8350.
Specs...Youmecity NEW !!!Android 7.1 car dvd player for Toyota RAV4 Rav 4 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2 din 1024*600 car dvd gps wifi rds.

CPU: Allwinner Octa-Core/Not Quad Core
?HD Screen 1024*600
RAM:2GB DDR3
ROM:16GB / Support 500G hard drive connection / through Rear USB wires
Radio station IC: 7786 Ic, Not 6624,Not 6686
GPU:DUAL Mali 400*400MHZ
Processor Type:T8
Power Amplifier IC :TDA7851 IC/Not 7388/Not 7850
Out Power: 4*50W/Not 4*45W

Looks like it will be here by the end of the month. I'll post some pics one I get it.

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
"Allwinner Octa-Core" : what a cheesy name!

Looking forward to see your review of this system. My Chinese Henhao WINCE unit is slowly crapping out and might need to replace in the near future.

·
Registered
20 Posts
lol.... like "super handling" awd from acura. Very cheese.
I just got the Joying unit and installed it last week for my wife Rav4. Never had an android unit before and wow, I should have done this long ago. She loves it and It is good. Looking forward to your impressions on your YouMeCity unit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it in today and installed it. I like it so far. I installed iHeartRadio and Spotify and Google Maps. I called my dad using the Bluetooth feature and my dad said the sound quality was really great. It seems to have a little more sound power than the stock unit. I got my steering wheel controls working on it partially at least I'm still trying to figure out how to get the mode to work, but I got the volume up and down and next channels working. I like the huge screen it has. I would say that the screen resolution isn't the best quality but it's good enough for radio stuff and maps. GPS works good it has an GPS attachment that I have mounted on the front of my Dash. I noticed that when I turn my car off I could still talk through the Bluetooth speakers. So far I'm pretty happy for the $238 I paid for it shipped. It does have a subwoofer out and controls for a subwoofer volume separate in the EQ settings. And also has auxiliary out. I plan to hook up a subwoofer later on. An attachment photo you can see all the different wires that it has to connect to. I need to figure out how to reprogram home screen and find a way to move the icons that I like around instead of being alphabetically arranged cuz then it causes me to have to swipe to the second screen to get to Spotify. But I share my data with it through my phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't hooked up the USB stuff to it yet but supposedly you can control an external hard drive with it or access videos. I have YouTube running on mine. I think I'll listen to some YouTube videos while I'm driving into work like the engine Masters series, lol. Right after I installed it I noticed the system was really sluggish but later on everything starting to get Pepe and instantaneously switched. I guess it was just downloading updates or something. My unit says it has an octa-core and Android 7.1.2 installed on it. I did notice that most of the 16 gig memory was already taken up so I use the ES file explorer to find where the excess data was and purged it out of the recycle bin to free up about 4 gig of map data.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
clear all the cached files once you update and download everything you need on it, then do it every month, they're like an android phone... Cache takes up to 3gb of memory sometimes, opens up a lot of space.

Looks like a cool unit, I'll have to look into that one. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doing a post update after using the unit for almost a year. I like it a lot. Big screen and the kids like watching you tube videos in back seat. I like using spotify for my music and at max volume, the sound is loud and clear for my stock speaks....just not enough bass from stock speakers. I bought a sub, just hadnt installed it yet. Visually it works great except when sun shines directly on it then it is hard to see. If u are looking for quick map functionality, it takes about a minute to get the destination mapped out with google maps...so its not super quick at plotting a path like my S9+ phone, so i use my phone unless im on a long trip. Otberwise the google map stuff works the same as my phone.
Phone calls are clear thru bluetooth and my address book is all there to scroll for a number.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can make calls on phone and maps work in background with audio directions. Spotify wont play during a phone call

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used alibaba to get it. I switched the stock interface out for the android tablet interface so i could see my icons. I never hooked an external hard drive to it, but it does have usb inputs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts