Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've received a quote already for a 2006 2WD V6, with the Option A package. It's $23,824 before taxes, fees, etc. How can I save another $500 or so? I have another dealer who got my request through whypaysticker.com, and wants me to call him. Maybe he can beat it.

I'm in the SoCal area, BTW. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Contact the sales manager, Jeremy, at
Bob Howard Toyota Edmond Oklahoma 405-936-8600
He will sell it for $400 over invoice + 199.50 doc fee
Tell him you read it at RAV4 World .com

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're willing to drive out to Las Vegas to pick up the vehicle, my dealer is offering $600 over invoice + doc fees. If you'd like to get my salesman's info, PM me and I'll send you his name and phone number.

·
Registered
122 Posts
here are some of the ways i know..

1) if you are a Costco member and the dealer you went to is participating in the Costoc auto buying program.. than you will be able to save about $500 to $1200 just by showing your Costco membership card

(if you want.. you can try to bring the "costco quote" from this dealer and take it to another dealer to see if the other dealer can beat this price.. it might save you another few hundred..)

2) if you just graduated (within 2 years) or about to graduate from any College.. they will give you another $400 off when you use toyota financing..

3) if you are a return customer.. and you want to finance from toyota... you can tell the sale, and they will give you some break on the APR (like .25% lower rate)

4) don't just shop at one place... there is always another place that give you better price..

5) last... if you know a sales manager from toyota.. you will be able to get really good prices... :)

that's it

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I read about the $400 thing. I qualify for that. Plus I'm also having two dealers right now compete for pricing as well. Let's see if I can get $1000 off the MSRP in the end.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what dealerships are you looking into? and are you talking about the base v6? sport? limited?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shop, shop, sop. Use all of the available internet tools to generate quotes from dealers around you. Use dealers quotes to get them to bid against each other. Soon you will figure out who's willing to play ball. Go in with a hard number you want to hit and don't buy unless they get under it.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definetely use the online dealer quotes and email. I've found two major benefits to this:
1) Saves time. I can communicate with more dealers, more quickly, using email. No phone tag. No driving to dealership. No waiting on hold. Etc.
2) With email, everything is in writing. This means no bickering or disagreements after-the-fact.

In order to use the above effectively, you must make sure you are talking about out-the-door pricing with each dealer. Negotiate one price -- not one price plus this fee and that fee, etc. They can work all their fees into your out-the-door price if that's what they need to do. This is the amount you're paying when all is said and done anyway, so it's not overly burdensome for someone to calculate.

Also, be honest. I tell dealers right off the bat -- "I'm planning on getting multiple quotes and I'm planning on coming back to the dealer that gives me the best one." I know that sounds like common sense, but I've dealt with lots of dealers that think I shouldn't be allowed to "shop around". Basically, I shop for a car the way I would any other product -- I check more than one store when I buy a new TV or new computer, etc. -- no reason that buying a car should be any different. I expect a dealer to understand that. In turn, I understand that they need to make a few bucks at the end of day.

Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't know about SoCal, but I live in NorCal and have been shopping for a V6 4WD. Yes, you can use Costco & AAA; if you belong to a credit union, they may have someone they recommend.

If you're not particular about color, you may be able to whittle down the price, but Costco is pretty much set at $1000 over invoice for the V6 4WD since they are so popular. The 4's are $500. I pitted two separate Costco fleet managers, and they won't go below their bottom line -- the V6's are THAT much in demand (one was about $75 over the other but both were $1000+ over invoice).

And be careful about buying an out of state car. Keep in mind that CA has stricter emission laws -- so that extra couple of hundred $$ of intitial savings may come back to haunt you later on when you have to renew your registration.

Like everyone advises, shop and shop and do your homework. And if you find something you REALLY like might as well buy it if it's within your range.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i work for Toyota so i used my employee discount. if you in the ca bay area i can recomend you to the finance manager, amanuel t., at fremont toyota. he can hook you up.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Garfull--- NUMMI discount? :) Best discount out there.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts