Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe it took me about three weeks before I even noticed the ugly bright blue "plugs" (or whatever they are) that are behind the spare. Why did they make them that ugly bright blue? Are there supposed to be covers over them?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flyingn said:
huh??? behind the spare??? How can you see em??? what are they covering??
I ran outside and took a photo, you can see it in my album. Ugly...aren't they? LOL! They are inside the "wheel well" of the spare tire.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flyingn said:
I just went to lok at mine. Same thing.. odd. Why wouldn't they be black?? At least I cannot seem too well .. How can you see em without pulling the wheel?
I don't have the hardshell spare...just the one that came with the base...so, perhaps this is why you can see mine? I can see them w/o even touching the spare...they are just there! This is one reason I was surprised I hadn't noticed them before. Of course...it has finally been sunny around here, so maybe they weren't as noticeable on the cloudy days.

I was starting to wonder if, perhaps, they were holes to be used for the hardshell spare cover?...but, obviously, this isn't the case.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just checked also on my Sport. With the 18" wheel, I had to peal back the band that holds the spare cover on. Sure enough, the blue plugs are there.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm glad y'all have them too...this means they are "normal."

I don't think I'll paint them black...although, a Sharpie would do the trick... JK!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know what the plug is for? Maybe it's an anti thift plug for the spare tire cover. That would be to much to ask for, $26K and I have to worry about losing my cover and spare.[/b]

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have not noticed mine because I think the 18" spare makes it hard to notice. Hell I even took off the s pare to rotate it in its place so sun wouldnt rot it and I didnt notice it

·
Registered
611 Posts
:twisted: Those are not plugs they are clips that hold on cladding/trim and dont feel bad the ones that hold on the fender flares on the last model tundra are red but you can only see them when flares removed. :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts