Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed some coolant for a top off. Remembered I saw Zerex Asian, so I did some internet research. Convinced myself that it's OK for the Toyota and meets the Toyota standard. It's also the right color, pink.

Some say that it's made by Ashland that also makes the Toyota OEM.:smile
Got mine for $15 a gallon plus tax at Advance Auto and it's the 50/50 stuff. Better than the $25 for Toyota OEM,:crying plus the further trip to dealer.:wink
They claim;
"

• Premixed with demineralized water for added protection and convenience
  • 5 year/150,000 mile guarantee
  • Recommended for all Asian Vehicles
  • Silicate free, phosphated HOAT chemistry"

·
Registered
8,574 Posts
Seems that in previous threads about Zerex Asian, users determined that it meets Toyota standards. Color doesn't matter, but if one had to mix pink and green the resulting color would be weird! :wink If I had to add coolant I also would use one which is compatible, also costs about $15 per gallon here for the 100% stuff and with a two hour drive to the nearest dealer it's for me a no-brainer.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems that in previous threads about Zerex Asian, users determined that it meets Toyota standards. Color doesn't matter, but if one had to mix pink and green the resulting color would be weird! :wink If I had to add coolant I also would use one which is compatible, also costs about $15 per gallon here for the 100% stuff and with a two hour drive to the nearest dealer it's for me a no-brainer.
Did a quick search in this forum before I posted and it seems many people were iffy about it.:confused:

I did learn in my general search that Toyota red is the 100% stuff and Toyota pink is the 50/50 stuff.:smile

·
Registered
8,574 Posts
The only disadvantage I could uncover for using a compatible coolant rather than the Toyota coolant is that the compatible coolant may need to be changed more often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts