Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice looking wheels. I am looking for wheels for my winter setup and while these would be overkill, I sure like them.

I am wondering how this sizing would be for my 2020 XSE (18" wheels standard) given this is for winter tires? In other words -

• what is the advantage of 17" ?
  • how would this wider tire be for a winter ice/snow setup?
Thanks
My LE came with 17X7 oem, I wanted to stay somewhat within spec only because I wanted to be as close to the speedometer readings. Although i’m a bit off due to the tire setup I currently run. I think it all comes down to cost with prices of tires etc, 17s compared to 18s. But 17x8s is perfect for me without running into rubbing issues. It’s all personal preference tho.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey Buckyy - would you mind posting a few more pics of your tires/wheels ? Like from straight on side-view?
Before I order, it I'd like to get a better understanding of how they look.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'd like to replace the wheels on my 2019 XLE with a set of black wheels. Can anybody tell me the stock wheel width and offset on my stock wheels? And can anybody make recommendations on 17" wheels, maybe something like the ones pictured in Reply #s 7, 11 & 44 above? I want to remount my original tires and make this as easy a swap as possible. My RAV is white and I think that black wheels would look great with the white. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Will these rims fit my 2020 RAV4 hybrid xle and will the stock tires 225/65r/17 fit? Stock wheels are 17x7, these are 17x7.5 and 17x8. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I don't suspect you'll have any issues! Had 17x8s with 255-width tires and had zero rubbing. I went narrow so I could have a matching full-sized spare.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I don't suspect you'll have any issues! I previously had 17x8s with 255-width tires and had zero rubbing. I then went to a narrow set so I could have a matching full-sized spare.

The width looked great, but after a flat on a rainy day ruined an afternoon with my son, I pretty quickly committed to never relying on a donut again.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I don't suspect you'll have any issues! I previously had 17x8s with 255-width tires and had zero rubbing. I then went to a narrow set so I could have a matching full-sized spare.

The width looked great, but after a flat on a rainy day ruined an afternoon with my son, I pretty quickly committed to never relying on a donut again.
[/QUOTE

41 - 60 of 373 Posts