Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not much surprise since it's been rumored that it will be announced for a while, but what surprsing is that specs are not much different and even rumored pricing seems very close to rav4 hybrid

Out this summer. Any takers?
I might have been interested in the Harrier/Venza if they'd introduced it a few years ago, maybe when they discontinued the previous Venza, but not now.

I first considered the Venza to replace my 2000 Avalon XLS -- it seemed like an Avalon wagon, and I was prepared to love it until I drove one at the dealer: Very poor assembly on the early models, lots of gaps between panels, and the one I drove was a rattle trap. (I understand build quality improved over time.)

If they had made it with the Highlander Hybrid drive train, I would have been all in. With 4 cylinders? Meh.

I still have a 2011 RAV4 V6 Sport, which has not been trouble-free, but is still a pretty reliable workhorse that I keep around for runs to Home Depot or Costco when I don't want to mess up the upholstery on the Tesla (it's a Model 3) and in case there's no reliable source of electricity when we have the next big California earthquake.

Ideally, something like a new Venza Prime, with 20-30 miles all-electric and a V6 hybrid drivetrain would appeal to me, preferably under $50K, but by the time the get around to making it, I'll be driving a basic Model Y for a little bit less and zero operating cost.

YMMV, as usual.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I might have been interested in the Harrier/Venza if they'd introduced it a few years ago, maybe when they discontinued the previous Venza, but not now.

I first considered the Venza to replace my 2000 Avalon XLS -- it seemed like an Avalon wagon, and I was prepared to love it until I drove one at the dealer: Very poor assembly on the early models, lots of gaps between panels, and the one I drove was a rattle trap. (I understand build quality improved over time.)

If they had made it with the Highlander Hybrid drive train, I would have been all in. With 4 cylinders? Meh.

I still have a 2011 RAV4 V6 Sport, which has not been trouble-free, but is still a pretty reliable workhorse that I keep around for runs to Home Depot or Costco when I don't want to mess up the upholstery on the Tesla (it's a Model 3) and in case there's no reliable source of electricity when we have the next big California earthquake.

Ideally, something like a new Venza Prime, with 20-30 miles all-electric and a V6 hybrid drivetrain would appeal to me, preferably under $50K, but by the time the get around to making it, I'll be driving a basic Model Y for a little bit less and zero operating cost.

YMMV, as usual.
I have to say plain v6 in 20 Highlander is loads of fun. Its quick, smooth sounding and same time it's quiet, having it in Venza would have been even better, maybe Prime will be an option. I am still leaning to get Rav4 Prime over anything else even Model Y.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 XLE 2WD (Blueprint) 2019 Rav4 XLE AWD
47 Posts
The car to get is the 2021 Senna. Basically the same drivetrain as the 2020 Highlander but with more vertical room, an option for a 1500 watt factory inverter, refrigerator, and tows 3500 lbs.

The Venza is just a scaled down Rav4.
I have the same exact thoughts the other day explaining this to my dad! Lol!

·
Registered
80 Posts
It looks good but from what im hearing the new Lexus Nx will have a 14inch Screen and 45mpg combined. will wait for that.

·
Registered
573 Posts
It looks good but from what im hearing the new Lexus Nx will have a 14inch Screen and 45mpg combined. will wait for that.
Where do you hear that. The current gen Nx hybrid uses the exact same hybrid system as the 2016-8 Rav4 hybrid
Seems unlikely to me that the next Nx will out perform the current Rav4 hybrid by much if at all. The next Nx may have a Lithium battery like the new Venza and may also have a Prime version. Maybe what you are "hearing" about is the possible Nx Prime.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Where do you hear that. The current gen Nx hybrid uses the exact same hybrid system as the 2016-8 Rav4 hybrid
Seems unlikely to me that the next Nx will out perform the current Rav4 hybrid by much if at all. The next Nx may have a Lithium battery like the new Venza and may also have a Prime version. Maybe what you are "hearing" about is the possible Nx Prime.
my dealer told me that it will slightly better mpg..

41 - 51 of 51 Posts