Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

241 - 256 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Might also be that Toyota Finland doesn’t have correct info yet...
Some other countries actually do upgrade non-navigation units.
Today, only Australia and UK has official confirmed retrofit. In both countries, all models has GPS unit. Only in Uk the base model hasnt got (has got another multimedia) and they dont apply retrofit to it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a Japan built, Sept 2019 delivery Hybrid AWD Cruiser. Just had the Apple CarPlay update. I find it virtually a waste of time. Phone must be connected via USB cable and phone gets very hot. Standard Toyota fitted GPS (Tom Tom) is fine and I can still get music without the CarPlay activated. Main issue is the fact the phone gets very hot while connected.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a Japan built, Sept 2019 delivery Hybrid AWD Cruiser. Just had the Apple CarPlay update. I find it virtually a waste of time. Phone must be connected via USB cable and phone gets very hot. Standard Toyota fitted GPS (Tom Tom) is fine and I can still get music without the CarPlay activated. Main issue is the fact the phone gets very hot while connected.
In Australia all car has got GPS as standart?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Went to my French dealer today.
He said unofficialy that Toyota will provide retrofit for AA and Apple Car play.
But I'm now worried about what I read in your posts guys !! Does it only concern GPS built-in multimedia ? 'cause mine is MM17 without GPS...:-(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Went to my French dealer today.
He said unofficialy that Toyota will provide retrofit for AA and Apple Car play.
But I'm now worried about what I read in your posts guys !! Does it only concern GPS built-in multimedia ? 'cause mine is MM17 without GPS...:-(
We don’t know yet. The few countries that have confirmed retrofit don’t offer the option to purchase the car without GPS navigation. Seems like France and Spain are on the same boat ? We’ll see...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to the dealership in Israel to pay for my 2020 rav4 that should arrive in several days. To my surprise the price went up about 300$.
The sells representative couldn't explain the sudden price hike. She consulted the show room manager, and as it turns out, the newest 2020 model will be equipped with a new infotainment system, that supports apple car play and android auto. It's a good news for EU customer, since Israeli rav4 are imported from Japan and are the same as the models sold in EU.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went to the dealership in Israel to pay for my 2020 rav4 that should arrive in several days. To my surprise the price went up about 300$.
The sells representative couldn't explain the sudden price hike. She consulted the show room manager, and as it turns out, the newest 2020 model will be equipped with a new infotainment system, that supports apple car play and android auto. It's a good news for EU customer, since Israeli rav4 are imported from Japan and are the same as the models sold in EU.
It is common knowledge that 2020 models have that feature. This thread is about the retrofit of those AA/CP functions that will be available at some point for 2019 models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here in Romania Toyota promised the update to Apple Car Play in February, then it is postponed to April-May. They said it will cost something (not known yet amount). It will work on non-navi systems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up a (supposedly) 2020 RAV4 Hybrid in Denmark - No Apple Carplay, and when asked, the dealer hohummed and said it will only be available to incoming 2020 models being produced now.
They did promise (without sounding very believable) that an update would be available in May to have Carplay work in my car.
I have a few questions:
1 Have anyone tried updating their Multimedia with a USB stick - and did it work?
2 Has anyone registered thei Multimedia system on the MyT app? HOW? I don't seem to be able to find the correct ID to register it.

A

·
Registered
4 Posts
2 Has anyone registered thei Multimedia system on the MyT app? HOW? I don't seem to be able to find the correct ID to register it.

A
Yes, but the procedure must be "validated" by your car dealer. After that, after few hours and having paired the phone to the car, the two devices connect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I have spoken today with Toyota Sweden regarding AA/AC, they said that update will be available in the summer, also for units without Navi. ( i have a 2019 Corolla, i Think that will apply also for Rav4)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sadly the plans for RAV4 regarding the retrofit are not the same as Corolla, at least in some countries like Spain (Corolla is confirmed to have retrofit, but RAV4 still unconfirmed)

241 - 256 of 256 Posts