Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

261 - 280 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Precisely! Didn't have to trim my original screws. I think those could work, but just know that you're essentially taking a quarter inch off of the threads when bolting on your wheel.
The version below allows the full length of the screw to be utilized, versus the option you provided. I've heard different opinions for both, but I prefer hub centric spacer that look similar to below, but would need to be at least 25mm to prevent having to trim.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A few days ago i measured how much thread i'd lose. Right now the wheels are held on with 7 3/4 turns (hand tight). Every turn is 1.5 threads. So the 3mm spacer would give me 2 turns less = 5 3/4 turns. The 5mm would be dumb. I am thinking of just leaving it as is with a +40 offset.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ended up getting the Toyota wheels off someone who preferred the silver 18" Rav4 wheel. Put on some Continental crosscontact ATR tyres in 235/60r18. Could have gone slightly larger but didn't want to cut into my fuel economy. Sitting on 5.7l/100km now. Bought some black wheel lug nuts to go with them.
Does anyone know where these Toyota rims can be purchased in Canada? I’m in Calgary but the dealerships don’t seem to offer them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Question for you guys (I apologize I'm not car guy so hopefully I explain this right)

Purchased my '19 XLE last July. Drove around on the stock rim and tire set up.
In the fall I purchased winter tires and had them installed on my stock rims with the intention of taking the summer tires and having them put on some aftermarket rims that better match the car.

I'd have the original 225/65R17 stock tires installed on 17x8 rims, with a +20 offset. Which to my understanding means my whole rim and tire set up will stick out about in inch on each tire.
I know the original rims are offset to 40+ (or something close).

I'm not worried about rubbing on the inside of the wheel well, but more so the plastic cladding. Like the trim along the outside of the car.

Anybody with a similar set up, or one with big fat tires that stick out far had any problem rubbing them?

I feel like anything inside the wheel well can be easily trimmed, just concerned about the trim and anything you can actually see.

Hope I explained this well,

thanks!

261 - 280 of 326 Posts