Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

281 - 295 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I like the right more than the left because of the simulated multi-piece design. The left design looks like many rims that are out there. Thats my useless .02.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just picked up my custom order TRD a few days ago... phase 1 complete - more phases to come

------

245/65r17 BFG KO2
17x8, +30 offset, Black Rhino Arsenal

put 400miles on it so far, from work travel to ripping thru backroad logging roads and desert trails.. no lift, complete stock suspension etc, so far no rubbing or touching at any angle of turn or suspension compression. just under a fingers depth of space on all sides of clearance, with mud flaps still on- front, back, inner/felt wheel well, etc

if they come out with an engineered ~1" spacer lift, i may get them just to give it a bit more ground clearance, but ive always been a baja fan and love the lower ish 'full-wheel-well' type look. the +30offset makes the whole setup damn near perfectly flush with the body/fenders

more pics to come soon im sure, or taken upon request for different or better angles.

phase 2 soon to come...

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Rav4 LE awd
1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
the wheels look great. I was gonna buy the same but in +40 offset. I was debating in +20 or +40... because is almost a 1" difference between them. or, over a 1" from stock wheels. Also, they are only $165 CAD on PMC.com (y)
I debated between +20 and +40 too, was worried about anything rubbing once I eventual upsize the tires in the few years. But after seeing some of the other set ups I've seen on this thread I think I still have a bit of wiggle room

·
Registered
37 Posts
19’ Hybrid XLE

Brand: Black Rhino
Model: Boxer
Size: 16x7
Offset: 15
Tire: Falken Wildpeak At3w 235/70/16
MPG: Seem to have lost 1-1.5mpg...not bad!
Ride: No more road noise than the OEMs, not as squishy of a ride, but still very comfortable. Does not feel sluggish with weight increase.

OEM 17” with firestone destination: 48.6lbs

New wheels: 56.8lbs

View attachment 146204
19’ Hybrid XLE

Brand: Black Rhino
Model: Boxer
Size: 16x7
Offset: 15
Tire: Falken Wildpeak At3w 235/70/16
MPG: Seem to have lost 1-1.5mpg...not bad!
Ride: No more road noise than the OEMs, not as squishy of a ride, but still very comfortable. Does not feel sluggish with weight increase.

OEM 17” with firestone destination: 48.6lbs

New wheels: 56.8lbs

View attachment 146204

I cannot thank you enough Patruck!!! I copied your build and I could NOT be happier!!

My next goal is a roof rack, did you do a Prinsu?

·
Registered
17 Posts
What have you guys done about getting a compatible lug nut wrench for your aftermarket wheels (and wheel nuts). When changing away from my OE wheels, I noticed that wrench that comes with the car doesn't fit the slightly smaller holes in the wheels and conical nuts I got for my new wheels. I was thinking of getting a deep 19 mm socket and a breaker bar and bring that with me instead?

Also, I may have to consider to bring 5 of the OE nuts with me, if I have to change to the temporary spare. I haven't checked if the conical nuts would work in a pinch or not...

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
What have you guys done about getting a compatible lug nut wrench for your aftermarket wheels (and wheel nuts). When changing away from my OE wheels, I noticed that wrench that comes with the car doesn't fit the slightly smaller holes in the wheels and conical nuts I got for my new wheels. I was thinking of getting a deep 19 mm socket and a breaker bar and bring that with me instead?

Also, I may have to consider to bring 5 of the OE nuts with me, if I have to change to the temporary spare. I haven't checked if the conical nuts would work in a pinch or not...
This is exactly what I do for my Fusion (aftermarket rims). Make sure to get a nice thin walled socket for additional clearance so that rotation of the wrench to get the lug off wont scuff/mar your inner lug walls. I use velcro wrap to secure the wrench in the trunk so it wont fly around.

Definitely make sure the lugs you need for the spare are correct for application. You should still have your OEM lugs so wrap em up in a soft rag (no rattle) and then put in a baggie in your trunk well. No cost solution!

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is exactly what I do for my Fusion (aftermarket rims). Make sure to get a nice thin walled socket for additional clearance so that rotation of the wrench to get the lug off wont scuff/mar your inner lug walls. I use velcro wrap to secure the wrench in the trunk so it wont fly around.

Definitely make sure the lugs you need for the spare are correct for application. You should still have your OEM lugs so wrap em up in a soft rag (no rattle) and then put in a baggie in your trunk well. No cost solution!
Thanks! It just seemed weird that the topic hasn't come up when we are discussing aftermarket wheels - I'm guess if you don't install the new wheels yourself, you would never notice! Hoping not to get stranded :)

281 - 295 of 295 Posts