Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

361 - 373 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
2019 XSE
16x7 Black Rhino Boxers ET 15
255/70/16 Falken Wild Peak AT3w's
Still workin' out a few minor rub issues, but once they are figured out I will post as I've been documenting the process for prosperity. Cause shared knowledge is the best knowledge!

Parking lot Princess

In da wylde

Looks good man! I am waiting for nearly the same specs wheels to come in....

What PSI are you running on the tires? Whatever is on the door?

·
Registered
2019 XSE Hybrid
15 Posts
Looks good man! I am waiting for nearly the same specs wheels to come in....

What PSI are you running on the tires? Whatever is on the door?
Shop set them around 27psi, which after using a pressure calculator from tiresize.com is saying that's a bit high still. Going to investigate a bit more now that you've mentioned it.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 HYBRID LIMITED
91 Posts
Shop set them around 27psi, which after using a pressure calculator from tiresize.com is saying that's a bit high still. Going to investigate a bit more now that you've mentioned it.
The tire shop set mine to 35. Now I'm wondering if I should go lower.......

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 Hybrid LE
5 Posts
Bought second hand rims painted them myself so semi aftermarket wheels.
2" readylift kit
235/60/18 Yokohama Geolander G015 all terrain, 0.6" taller than stock so 2.6" of extra clearance.
Didn't want to max out the tire size as I plan on a lot of highway travel with the odd weekend driving up some mountain roads.
Barely noticeable tread noise if you listen hard enough.
So far city driving l/100km or mpg went from 6.3l/100km or 37.34mpg to 6.4l/100 or 36.75mpg, I've yet to drive highway.(dash readout, I will verify when I gas up next time)

·
Registered
189 Posts
You guys are really low... I'm at 40 psi and when I go wheeling I'm around 30-25 psi.

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 LE Hybrid
22 Posts
Bought second hand rims painted them myself so semi aftermarket wheels.
2" readylift kit
235/60/18 Yokohama Geolander G015 all terrain, 0.6" taller than stock so 2.6" of extra clearance.
Didn't want to max out the tire size as I plan on a lot of highway travel with the odd weekend driving up some mountain roads.
Barely noticeable tread noise if you listen hard enough.
So far city driving l/100km or mpg went from 6.3l/100km or 37.34mpg to 6.4l/100 or 36.75mpg, I've yet to drive highway.(dash readout, I will verify when I gas up next time)
View attachment 155359
I LOVE the look of that 2" ReadyLift kit on a RAV4. It seems to me to be just the right amount of lift along with partial (but not complete) levelling that looks great but not crazy.

I am having my lift installed in September along with 245/65R17 tires that will be very close to yours in size. They will be just 0.4" taller and 0.3" wider than your Yokos. Right now, I am stuck between the Firestone Destination A/T2, Nitto Terra Grappler A/T G2, Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus and Toyo Open Country A/T III.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 Hybrid LE
5 Posts
Love the look of the bronze wheels - well done!

To go a bit off-topic, with that lift kit, did your exhaust system also move up? I've seen a few lifts, where it looks like exhaust is sitting lower than normal?
Thanks, I wish I measured before/after because I've read that peoples have been lowered as well. Honestly I can't say for sure but it looks to be in the same position.

·
Registered
2019 XSE Hybrid
15 Posts
Not really, I’m also lifted so that could be it too. I’m still around 36mpg with my set up and a prinsu rack on my hybrid.
Just curious as to your thought process on this one as I'm a little confused as to why you be running a higher than stock air pressure on a larger tire that is supporting the same amount of weight as your stock setup? Kinda goes against most things I understand about air in a confined space and tires in general, but I'll admit I don't know everything as well....

361 - 373 of 373 Posts