Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

401 - 420 of 433 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ya? Or Nah?

Having an identity crisis... test fitting some R35 Nissan GTR stock wheels 20x9.5 et45 front and 20x10.5 et25. Bit lighter than the stock 18” Sport wheels. May still want to use a spacer on the front. Front barely clear the CEIKA Coilovers...Rear barely clear the main rear support bar...but it all clears.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I recently got my 2011 RAV stuck in the mud on my place. After getting a local farmer to bring a big FWD tractor to pull me out (tow boys only work within 100’ of pavement), I discovered that the factory steel wheels trap between the inner and outer dish, causing out of balance problems at freeway speed. I researched and found some cheap alloy wheels that are a replica of the Toyota six spoke wheels. At the same time I installed the wheels I put new BFG 225X65R17 TA KO2’s on the car. I really liked the KO2s on my 2000 RAV and wanted something better then what came with the car when I bought it. The wheels came with a year warranty, so I plan to spend lots of time in the snow and backcountry o test them over the next year. I’m going to see if I can sell the Steele’s on Craigslist to recover some of my upgrade cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Any rubbing with this setup? Would love to see more pics.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ya? Or Nah?

Having an identity crisis... test fitting some R35 Nissan GTR stock wheels 20x9.5 et45 front and 20x10.5 et25. Bit lighter than the stock 18” Sport wheels. May still want to use a spacer on the front. Front barely clear the CEIKA Coilovers...Rear barely clear the main rear support bar...but it all clears.

Whoa! That looks tight man. Might check out Bora spacers to take care of your possible rubbing issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any rubbing with this setup? Would love to see more pics.
The wheels are replicas of the Toyota factory alloy wheels. Fit perfect and seem to be the exact size of the 17” steel wheels. The brand was Road Ready. I’m liking them so far. What specific pictures do you want to see?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Whoa! That looks tight man. Might check out Bora spacers to take care of your possible rubbing issues.

Already got some... 28mm front and 32mm rear. Might use the 28mm in the front with the R35 wheels but definitely won’t need them for the rear.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The wheels are replicas of the Toyota factory alloy wheels. Fit perfect and seem to be the exact size of the 17” steel wheels. The brand was Road Ready. I’m liking them so far. What specific pictures do you want to see?
Straight side shot would be great.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Already got some... 28mm front and 32mm rear. Might use the 28mm in the front with the R35 wheels but definitely won’t need them for the rear.

You running stock 235/55R18 in those pics? I've been considering those spacers for mine, but have been concerned about the longevity and upkeep of them. I love my stock wheels, but hate how far in they set.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice! How's the ride? I found some locally and am thinking they'd look awesome on my factory sports wheels.

It rides fine. The BFG KO2’s are a little stiffer and noisier, but, I knew that before I bought them. I wanted tires with all around traction and wheels without major mud traps. All in all I think it’s a big improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,418 Posts
401 - 420 of 433 Posts
About this Discussion
432 Replies
188 Participants
JWILSON
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing