Old Setup / Factor setup
17” 27.6lb Wheels ,26lb tire
53.6lbs
Hankook Kinergy 225/65r17

New/Lighter Setup
16.8lb wheels ,27.4lb Tire
44.2lbs
BF Goodrich Advantage TA 215 70r16

The tire on the new setup is a bit heavy and there are a few options around 22lbs so next time around I can shave a few more pounds off but overall a good reduction in weight.

B11C144C-5E32-429A-BD5F-924AEF3C1744.png D843132F-4210-446D-8878-9558D665A859.jpeg 0E96995C-9944-4060-AF22-068A65C78EA8.jpeg 7A735F19-57DE-46BD-9AB2-9294C94D92AB.jpeg

·
Registered
586 Posts
Just added these 17” Pontiac Vibe GT 2.4L wheels (2008 I think) to my RAV. Price was right (free) and the specs are identical to those of the 17” aluminum RAV wheels. Just needed to swap my tires onto them from my 17” steelies. I think it dresses the RAV up nicely, and given that late Vibes are like hen’s teeth, I’ll likely never see anyone else with these wheels.

And no, the 5.0 convertible in the background isn’t mine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just added these 17” Pontiac Vibe GT 2.4L wheels (2008 I think) to my RAV. Price was right (free) and the specs are identical to those of the 17” aluminum RAV wheels. Just needed to swap my tires onto them from my 17” steelies. I think it dresses the RAV up nicely, and given that late Vibes are like hen’s teeth, I’ll likely never see anyone else with these wheels.

And no, the 5.0 convertible in the background isn’t mine.
Looks nice! I was never a fan of chrome especially will my silver car haha but looks good!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Looks nice! I was never a fan of chrome especially will my silver car haha but looks good!
I’ve been on the fence about chrome wheels for decades, and I tend to shy away from them except on some newer pickups and classic 60’s mags or Cragars. But as I said the price was right... My grey painted steel wheels have already rusted and ben replaced once (under basic warranty just before 3 years was up ) and the replacements are 4 years old now, showing rust again. Had to get the special lug nuts for these, and still missing the factory centre caps, but will get a set soon.

Thanks for the compliment!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ve been on the fence about chrome wheels for decades, and I tend to shy away from them except on some newer pickups and classic 60’s mags or Cragars. But as I said the price was right... My grey painted steel wheels have already rusted and ben replaced once (under basic warranty just before 3 years was up ) and the replacements are 4 years old now, showing rust again. Had to get the special lug nuts for these, and still missing the factory centre caps, but will get a set soon.

Thanks for the compliment!
Looks pretty good nice to know they are the same or similar offset. If you ever decide the Chrome is too much Dupli-Color make a product called shadow chrome you can apply to chrome wheels for a darker chrome look. But the white with chrome looks pretty good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those look nice! What other modifications? Did you just plastidip the wheels?
Thank you!! I replaced the tires with an All-Season Hankook 235/55/R18 tire (forget the exact model name), I tinted the front two windows to match the OEM privacy tint in the back, and I actually had the wheels professionally refurbished. I know the wheels have that plastidip look, but up close and in person they honestly look almost brand new.

I just decided to start putting some money into the car so those are the only mods I have done. But I am looking to making some more upgrades, just not sure what I want to do next. I'm a college kid so that obviously comes with a college budget (so not a big one lol).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you!! I replaced the tires with an All-Season Hankook 235/55/R18 tire (forget the exact model name), I tinted the front two windows to match the OEM privacy tint in the back, and I actually had the wheels professionally refurbished. I know the wheels have that plastidip look, but up close and in person they honestly look almost brand new.

I just decided to start putting some money into the car so those are the only mods I have done. But I am looking to making some more upgrades, just not sure what I want to do next. I'm a college kid so that obviously comes with a college budget (so not a big one lol).
Nice! I am hoping to get some All Terrain tires at some point. Also a college kid haha. I've got the silver rav4 up above on this thread. Not sure if you saw it or not. I've done a few more things since that picture. There are a few more pictures just for fun
20200601_212817.jpg
20200309_095022.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice! I am hoping to get some All Terrain tires at some point. Also a college kid haha. I've got the silver rav4 up above on this thread. Not sure if you saw it or not. I've done a few more things since that picture. There are a few more pictures just for fun View attachment 153042 View attachment 153043
I love it! I love the "off-road" look you have. I was about to get the Falken Wildpeak AT3 tires but just decided since I do so much driving it would be better in the long run to get a better highway tire. That was the only AT tire I could find without doing a lift and I really wasn't trying to do that.

I really like the roof rack (I'm sure there's a more technical term for it). I may have to look into getting something like that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love it! I love the "off-road" look you have. I was about to get the Falken Wildpeak AT3 tires but just decided since I do so much driving it would be better in the long run to get a better highway tire. That was the only AT tire I could find without doing a lift and I really wasn't trying to do that.

I really like the roof rack (I'm sure there's a more technical term for it). I may have to look into getting something like that.
Just a roof rack haha. I love mine because it is not as box like as most I see and would definitely recommend it. I believe it is called the Kuat Vagabond. I bought it used though. I will have to look more into all terrains when I beat these up

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nice! I am hoping to get some All Terrain tires at some point. Also a college kid haha. I've got the silver rav4 up above on this thread. Not sure if you saw it or not. I've done a few more things since that picture. There are a few more pictures just for fun View attachment 153042 View attachment 153043
What brakes you got? I’m considering the Hawk Talon kit and seeing if I can get calipers painter Barcelona red

441 - 460 of 471 Posts