• Total voters
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
We'll see how this fiscal year goes.

I have until after x-mas.

If the G35 can be had for 3-5 below MSRP at the time, it is definitely possible.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well I just got a call from a friend picking up a G35 saturday. He got it 3 below MSRP (at invoice). I also did a costco auto program inquiry and looks like its 2 below invoice with them. I bet you at the end of the year or at the 2007/2008 model year change i could get it down another couple of grand. My goal would be to pay just below invoice, 1, to show up my friend, 2, to be cheaper than the rav, lol.

Edmunds TMV is showing about the costco discount. I'll probably wait out until the timing is right and snag one, hopefully black CVT with premium :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello
So I was considering getting another new car around the time my RAV turns 1.

Here is a few things:
It has to be family friendly (equal to or more than the RAV)
Fuel efficiency would be great, but not required
It'd probably be more my wifes car
The quickness is irrelevant, my wife was fine with her Toyota Paseo until 2001!

I'd love to get another rav, but it seems redundant, and boring to buy 2. Also I think the purpose would be to serve in diversifying our family's abilities.

So here is what I've considered, I'm looking for input on these cars, or any other recommendations. The order isn't relavent.

4 Door Tacoma
I like it, my wife likes the look. Mileage is ok, its quick...

Mazda5
The cheap family solution

2007 Tundra
Looks fun but expensive to run, and buy for what I'd want.

Sienna LE
Blah, but hey seating is awesome

Odyssey
Less blah, a lil more sexy

Matrix
Fun but underpowered? I hated driving my moms 06 sentra, i dont want to feel like im driving a peasant car (sorry).

Subaru Outback
I want to love the outback, I have rented them lots and seriously considered them before I bought the RAV, in fact for the week before I bought the rav I was on vacation in the snow and had a Outback. I didn't want to go back to driving my crappy taurus, so the day I brought my Outback back I bought a rav, lol.

Rav4 with third row
Just because It'd be nice to cart around our kids, and our friends.

Civic sedan
Its pretty sleek looking with killer mileage

Prius
But whats the point now that all the carpool stickers are gone? Save the environment, BLAH, 1.5 liters

Camry
The new one looks like DX es350, am i wrong?

I think my serious considerations are the rav4 basic 2x4 with 3rd row... the civic is quick for its mpg... and the tundra

I love the idea of the minivan, but mileage sucks, and it seems so wasteful, like all the chevy tahoes on the road..

By the way, did i mention BIG SUVs AND TRUCKS ARE WASTEFUL UNLESS YOU HAVE A REASON! Thats why i cant get the tundra, plus $$$

But I do like the tacoma, and it makes it nice, to pickup stuff from costco, etc.. Get a slide off cab or something, thatd be sweetness.

Anywho, thoughts?
My 2 cents..best car besides my toyotas that i have had over 65 yrs...equal in my love factor..both are same exceptional quality with no real problems. Think out of box and go drive a Buick..you wife will love them. Exceptional quality..in ks city more Buicks around than anything and i know why..i loved mine. Both toy and buick same quality. I sold toy and my buick to public myself and both sold in one day.

·
Super Moderator
9,897 Posts
My 2 cents..best car besides my Toyotas that i have had over 65 yrs...equal in my love factor..both are same exceptional quality with no real problems. Think out of box and go drive a Buick..you wife will love them. Exceptional quality..in ks city more Buicks around than anything and i know why..i loved mine. Both toy and Buick same quality. I sold toy and my Buick to public myself and both sold in one day.
Looks like he took his time deciding - from 2007 to 2014 - and then leased a 2014 RAV4 EV. KNOMOLD is dead.. FOREVER LIVE RAV4 EV
Hasn't posted since then. Wonder what he's driving now?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts