Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 610 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dogtown, All... I'm the proud owner of a 2020 RAV4 Hybrid Limited via Jim Coleman Toyota, Bethesda MD... I will place a link to a brief video/Vlog I made titled, "Hit A Freakin' Deer @ 65-MPH; This Is What Happens." But first, a question for anyone; did any of you sign up for Remote Start via Toyota App? I downloaded it but it there is an annual fee after the year-long trial. Does anyone know how much? Shouldn't be a fee period just to remote start your car...Not Feeling That At All.
You can still remote start via the key fob after the test period for the app expires. It's a joke that Toyota limits this to 3/10 years depending on the audio system you have. The RAV4 is already one of the most expensive models in this segment and they still want to nickel and dime you for things like remote start.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I used the Costco Auto Program which is supposed to be "no-haggle" pricing (prearranged member pricing). But I did still haggle to get this price.

This vehicle was on the dealer's lot with only a few miles on the clock.

Year: 2020
Trim: Limited Silver Sky Metallic
Hybrid AWD
Options: Carpet Floor mats/Cargo Mat
MSRP: $38,019 (including $1,120 destination charge)
Invoice Price (if known): Unknown
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $35,019
City and State Where You Purchased: Central PA
Made in Canada

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used the Costco Auto Program which is supposed to be "no-haggle" pricing (prearranged member pricing). But I did still haggle to get this price.

Hybrid AWD
Made in Canada
I think you get a good deal.

·
Registered
93 Posts

Hybrid AWD
Made in Canada
Which dealer? I’m in Central PA and will be getting a limited soon.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I think you get a good deal.
I agree compared to what others have posted. I think it pays to find a dealer that is considered "high volume". Where I ended up buying my Rav4 is a high-volume dealer. Another dealer about 45 minutes away told me "we don't need more buyers, we need more cars to sell". So this dealer was not motivated to negotiate a favorable price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: Hybrid XLE
Color: Magnetic Gray Metallic / Black
FWD or AWD: AWD
Options: Body side molding, carpet floor/cargo mats, mudguard, roof rack ($922)
MSRP: $31,437 (Includes Destination)
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $29,437
Doc Fee: $488
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): N/A
City and State Where You Purchased: DC area

·
Registered
36 Posts
2020 XLE. Convenience + Cold Weather Package + roof rack crossbars. MSRP $33,020. Near Sacramento.
I didn’t buy because my dealer didn’t budge on the price. It’s against my DNA to pay MSRP. I can wait.

From my dealer:
“That vehicle just arrived and is currently available. Toyota has no incentives or discounts at this time. It is even excluded from Costco pricing as well. The rock bottom price would be $33k before tax and license. They are in high demand and low supply. If you want to reserve it please let me know.”

·
Registered
90 Posts
$1000 cash back on 2020 Rav4 Hybrids. time to make deals folks!!!!
What region is this offer valid in. You don’t have location info in your profile. I don’t see it in the Central New York (NY, NJ and Connecticut) region.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm still waiting for the dealer swap to take place so I could back out if I wanted to, but here was what I was able to negotiate without any rebates or military or college grad. I'm bringing my own financing, too.

Color: Silver Sky Metallic
Interior: Black
Packages: Limited Cold Weather, Limited Advanced Technology, Panoramic Moonroof
Accessories: Mudguards, All Weather Mats
MSRP: $40388
Selling price: $38000
Discount: $2,388
$39,958 out the door price because of a hefty trade-in tax credit.

I'm getting a bit frustrated with this dealer swap thing. I know where the car is, I could just go get it myself and tell them to match the deal there, so I'm giving them a few more days before doing so.

·
Registered
161 Posts
When I was pricing my 2019 I used a site called car-buyings-strategies.com or something similar. Had invoice pricing but also dealer holdback. Gave me a pretty good idea on where the dealer needed to be to turn a profit.

I’m sure it’s been said but if you are looking for a deal it’s easier when the car is physically on the dealer lot.

I ended up playing an effective Bad Cop to my wife’s Good Cop because I truly didn’t want a white car and was inclined to look elsewhere. Now we have a white car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
my bad... thought I saw 1K cash back for the hybrids.. but when I called a dealer it was only $500 Toy Fin deal. this toyothon is not so great. I'm in Texas btw.

·
Registered
2919 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package built June 20
985 Posts
When I was pricing my 2019 I used a site called car-buyings-strategies.com or something similar. Had invoice pricing but also dealer holdback. Gave me a pretty good idea on where the dealer needed to be to turn a profit.

I’m sure it’s been said but if you are looking for a deal it’s easier when the car is physically on the dealer lot.

I ended up playing an effective Bad Cop to my wife’s Good Cop because I truly didn’t want a white car and was inclined to look elsewhere. Now we have a white car.
https://www.car-buying-strategies.com/dealer-invoice/toyota-rav4-prices.html but the 2020 numbers are not there yet, just the 2019s.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
why not just shoot for invoice and figure Toyota is going to do a $500 holdback for 2020 cars?

·
Registered
26 Posts
My deal has a bit of an asterisk. I had originally agreed to a price on a Red 2019 Limited, but after they ran my card for the down payment, they realized the car had been sold to another dealer a hour ago. That put them in scramble mode. They didn't have my preferred color with required packages (cold weather and advanced technology).

Trim: Limited Magnetic Gray Metallic
Hybrid AWD
Packages: Cold Weather, Advanced Technology, Panoramic Roof
"Other": Wheel Locks, Mudguards, Door Edge Guards, Carpet mats, negotiated all weather mats into the price
MSRP: $40,593 (including $1,120 destination charge, not including all weather mats)
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $37230 - $500 Toyota Rebate = $36730
City and State Where You Purchased: Boston area

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
My deal has a bit of an asterisk. I had originally agreed to a price on a Red 2019 Limited, but after they ran my card for the down payment, they realized the car had been sold to another dealer a hour ago. That put them in scramble mode. They didn't have my preferred color with required packages (cold weather and advanced technology).

Trim: Limited Magnetic Gray Metallic
Hybrid AWD
Packages: Cold Weather, Advanced Technology, Panoramic Roof
"Other": Wheel Locks, Mudguards, Door Edge Guards, Carpet mats, negotiated all weather mats into the price
MSRP: $40,593 (including $1,120 destination charge, not including all weather mats)
Sales Price (excluding tax, title, license): $37230 - $500 Toyota Rebate = $36730
City and State Where You Purchased: Boston area
on the financing are there any inception charges? I went to a dealer and they told me they didn't know. sure:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
on the financing are there any inception charges? I went to a dealer and they told me they didn't know. sure:)
There were no additional charges related to that that I saw. If they exist, I'm assuming they are buried in the $499 doc fee, which if you add back to my cost, you get 37230.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’m making a deal on the phone as we speak. I searched myself for the RAV I wanted and found none in CA. I found my LimitedHybrid in White Pearl with gray interior in AZ with all opts for MSRP of $40,839 which includes the $2455 package (all weather, and advanced tech. pkg WITH adaptive headlights and body side molding. I only got him to agree to $500 off and he threw in the all weather mat package. That brought my price to $40,339. It’s the smallest discount I’ve ever negotiated but, dang, it would have been gone tomorrow! He also increased my trade in another $500 per my request so I felt better about that. SOLD SIGN on it tonight!
Oh, and when I mentioned the fuel tank issue, he definitely seemed aware but assured me if there is a fix, I would be notified. I have my fingers crossed my car won’t be affected. Driving Monday to pick it up, so excited!

41 - 60 of 610 Posts