Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,792 Posts
Still there, click on vehicle status and the open/closed display as well as tire pressure. Then click on see details.
The "Vehicle Status" button is only for vehicles that have Service Connect, which only comes with the premium audio packages. Others, like me, with "lesser" audio packages, can't have service connect thus don't have the "Vehicle Status" button on the app.

I called Toyota connected services support a few days ago, and was told they were looking into the problem of the tire pressure disappearing on the new app.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
New update on the toyota app removes the ability to read tire pressure all together. It's not included on the app, it doesn't matter what subscription you have. Called toyota to confirm and it looks like and oversight.
I got the CarTrimHome tire pressure indicator module (Free Shipping Smart Car TPMS Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Digital LCD Dash Board Display Auto Security Alarm for Toyota Rav4 2019 2020 2021(RAV4 LE Model [Not a hybrid version] Shows PSI, XLE / Limited / TRD / OTHER shows kpa)). Shows the tire pressure on the MID. Easy, plug and play, install. Only problem is it shows the pressure in kPa for all trim levels other than the LE. (Easy to mentally convert kPa to PSI -- divide by 7)

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
My 2022 XLEP has tire pressure displayed on the MID and I just checked my tire pressure via the app.
Repeat (from above)
The "Vehicle Status" button is only for vehicles that have Service Connect, which only comes with the premium audio packages. Others, like me, with "lesser" audio packages, can't have service connect thus don't have the "Vehicle Status" button on the app.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I can see the tire pressure on my iPhone using the Toyota app. I open the app and then it shows my XSE I look toward the bottom of the app for Vehicle Status. I tap on the Vehicle status and it shows Doors, Windows and Tire Pressure . Further down there is a red button that says See Details. Tap on it then it shows the tire pressure. And when it was last checked.

FYI I am running the latest App.
The XSE has Audio + or premium audio, so the tire pressure was always on the app. But for other cars without Audio + or premium audio, the tire pressure disappeared on the 2.0.0 app, but came back with the 2.0.1 app.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Ok just saw on Toyotas connected service supports website under Toyota app then FAQ "how to check tire pressure" there is a bold red statement saying " * to view your vehicles tire pressure in the app, you must have an active trial or paid subscription for any of the available connected services by Toyota"

WTF so does this mean it will never be fixed they simply changed it to something you have to pay for extra now monthly???? If this is the case thats super cheap of Toyota, just saying...
There are three connected services available: safety connect, service connect, and remote connect; the last two are available only if you have Premium Audio or Audio +.

The updated app from a couple months ago (2.0.0) deleted tire pressure read out unless you have service connect or remote connect. The latest app (2.0.1) restored tire pressure for all connected services. I have only safety connect and I can see the tire pressue on the latest version of the app.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Ok, thanks for the info, do you know how would I update the app? It auto updated without me doing anything and im not sure if I have the latest version...should I delete it and reinstall it?
My iPhone also did not auto update. So I went to the app store, selected the Toyota app, only then did it recognize there was a new version, and ask me if I wanted to download it. Don't need to delete the present app.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts