Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Some videos of the Rav4 after the install. Some said the pump is noisy but I can barely hear it. MUCH quieter than Walbro pumps...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Decided to make room in the engine bay for activities, so I moved the battery to the back. Used a 0 gauge wire and a junction box up front. Found a company in TX that sold a Optima battery tray - it made for a clean install. Allowed for a modified intake and who knows what else later on down the road.

·
Registered
23 Posts
0 gauge sounds about right. At 3m and 200 amps for the starter to turn the engine, you still only get 2% voltage drop, so it should be just fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looking good man, due to work and numerous other obligations I haven't had time to get my headers/y pipe installed yet, but I did get a spare ECU tuned to delete the rear 02 sensors along with removed speed limiter and raised rev limiter, the higher rev limit a moot point with the stock auto shift points. But I hope to install the headers in the next month and then have the y pipe modified for fitment. Only other thing I plan with this is the stickiest all seasons I can find, though I hope the headers will shift some of the power high up in the rev range. We'll see.
Keep up the nice work!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Got the WeaponR FWD Sienna headers installed finally. My fab guy was able to modify the rear header to clear the rear driveshaft. Due to the header design, the "ypipe" design was routed to the other side of the driveshaft. Used a AFR extension cable to move the stock AFR sensor location to after the merge vs using the WR single runner location. My tune was modified as I no longer needed the O2 sensors and didn't want any CELs with the catless design.

The power increase was an amazing improvement over even gutted stock manifolds. But the catless headers made the exhaust sound tinny and raspy so I installed vibrant resonators.

First two photos are of the front header. It was a straight bolt up, no issues.

Next couple are of the modified rear header and resonator install.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts